Exclusive Mail Leads or Maybe Not?

rizzle

Guru
100+ Post Club
FL
have a slight concern that the direct mail leads i am receiving my not be totally exclusive. so far at least 15% of the leads i have contacted over the past 2 weeks have indicated they have been contacted within that same time period. there may be more that i just havent found out about yet.

One was sold a policy today prior to my appointment with the lead tomorrow.
another was contacted the same day i received the lead.
and another was contacted while i was on the phone with the lead today.
I have never done mail leads before so not sure if this sounds consistent with what others have found? but somethin doesnt seem right here.

Last edited:
have a slight concern that the direct mail leads i am receiving my not be totally exclusive. so far at least 15% of the leads i have contacted over the past 2 weeks have indicated they have been contacted within that same time period. there may be more that i just havent found out about yet.

One was sold a policy today prior to my appointment with the lead tomorrow.
another was contacted the same day i received the lead.
and another was contacted while i was on the phone with the lead today.
I have never done mail leads before so not sure if this sounds consistent with what others have found? but somethin doesnt seem right here.

Depends on where you're getting them.

The same seniors that fill out your lead cards are the same seniors that are filling out other lead cards. At any given time you may very well have multiple agents doing mail drops in your area.

two of the leads i can get more info regarding what if anything else they may remember filling out for mailers.

the other lead said the agent that sold her today told her not to talk to anybody about her policy. so she wasnt to forth coming with info.

Unless otherwise noted and scrutinized (by you) for legitimacy on "exclusive" leads you almost have to assume they are being shared... hard for them to make money otherwise unless mailers charge you even more. Pay the extra money to get your mailers out first class and beat the others by a few days... it will be worth it.

In all likelihood these people are on multiple data lists. Your direct mail company may only be marketing to them on your behalf but it doesn't mean another company isn't marketing to them as well. There's a limited universe of prospective consumers out there.

I have tried several different mail houses back to back. There was some overlap in the data both used and I got leads from both mail houses for the same person. If they fill out lead cards, they will likely fill out more lead cards.
R

Back