FE Direct Mail Response Rate

inreverse

Guru
100+ Post Club
MN
I have mailed 2000 FE mailers in the first two weeks of December, only 6 responses. Is it a bad time of year to mail or time to get a new mail house? What do you think I should have received?

Very bad time. With the new regulations seniors are getting bombarded with mail. I have some post cards to send out, but I'll wait till at least early Feb.

Also... the house you use could be the issue as well. I've used Lead Concepts and got less than 1%... turned around and used Lead Connection and got 2.5-3% every time. Too many houses are usuing a mail piece that looks too much like each other. Some will mail the same area too often without telling you that another agent just mailed that same area a month ago.

6 returns out of 2k... I'd be asking for credit towards another mailing.... Concepts did this for me before I turned them loose for good. I barely made enough sales to cover my investment.

Also... the house you use could be the issue as well. I've used Lead Concepts and got less than 1%... turned around and used Lead Connection and got 2.5-3% every time.

Gordon, I've never heard of 2.5 - 3% returns, much less everytime.

A few quick questions:

1. How often do or have you used Lead Connection.
2. What type of mailing campaign do you use with them?
3. What is their price?

Thanks.

Gordon, I've never heard of 2.5 - 3% returns, much less everytime.

A few quick questions:

1. How often do or have you used Lead Connection.
2. What type of mailing campaign do you use with them?
3. What is their price?

Thanks.

It's been a year or so since I've used a mail house, but it seemed to be the going rate ~ $350-400/1000

I used piece T6 or T7... ask them what Gordon Brown used last.

FE I mailed 59-75 all incomes, no PO Box, Rural Routes included. When I was doing it I did it about every month or so, but after a few months your running out of territory without staying out of town for the week. The problem I have with mass mailings in the rural areas I like is that to get the numbers your mailing to two/three counties at a time. Then when you get returns your running your ass off trying to get them all done before they get too old. I kept great records and Connections always made me $1800-2500/mailing.

I don't have time anymore. I've reached that sweet spot in my supplement business where the referals and service work keep me busy as I want to be.

Quantity_____________________Discount Price (Based on per 1,000)

1,000-1,999 $ 395.00
2,000-4,999 $ 385.00
5,000+ $ 375.00

I have mailed 2000 FE mailers in the first two weeks of December, only 6 responses. Is it a bad time of year to mail or time to get a new mail house? What do you think I should have received?

Definitely a bad time of year to do a mailing - I like to use Main Street - they will not mail for another agent in your requested zip for 60 days.

I agree that it's a TERRIBLE time of year to mail for anything, especially a senior product since congress in their infinite wisdom decided to make AEP during this already busy time of year. Add in the restrictions on outbound telemarketing for MA which lead to more companies using marketing dollars for direct mail and the growing number of Medicare Advantage companies in the business and you have the recipe for a perfect storm. All that being said, 6 responses probably also means that you may have just mailed behind someone else. So maybe someone, with another lead company, mailed for FE a week before you did thereby killing what would have already been a low response rate.

That would be my guess anyway.

Back