Final Expense Direct Mail

AtlantaLife&Health

Guru
100+ Post Club
Direct mail seems to produce the best leads. Which mail houses do you recommend? What percentages are you guys getting on your 1,000 mail drops? What's the best return you've had? What's the worst return you've had? Are you dropping 1,000 per week? What's working?

Back in the day I used The Lead Connection.

Consistently the best returns over other mail houses. 2-3% was the norm.

I've used Lead Concepts and got less than .5% return. They did a free mailing to make it up to me... I got about the same.

I do buy some list from Lead Concepts though.

Direct mail seems to produce the best leads. Which mail houses do you recommend? What percentages are you guys getting on your 1,000 mail drops? What's the best return you've had? What's the worst return you've had? Are you dropping 1,000 per week? What's working?
If you do your homework and planning, it's not difficult to average over 2% consistently.

You sound just like Obama. We need to do "this" but he never defines "this."

What do you do to consistently average over 2%. Details!

Rick
Comparing me to Obama is NOT the way to get info outta me!

I'm not willing to give away all my secrets, but I will share a few things with you. The two absolutely most important items as far as I'm concerned, are list quality and a mailer that gets opened. Yeah, it's great to get a thousand mailers for $350, but if they only average 1%-1.5% how great of a deal is it? You really do get what you pay for.

I don't mail the cards because they have been done to death and a much higher percentage go unopened. I also will not sacrifice list quality to save a few dollars. The list MUST be accurate. I also do not mail the bottom income brackets, PO boxes or the younger ages.

I ALWAYS make it a point to research the historical returns of my chosen mailing area and many times I will drive a new area before mailing it the first time. There are some other things involved as far as the criteria I select, but these are the basics.

You sound just like Obama. We need to do "this" but he never defines "this."

What do you do to consistently average over 2%. Details!

Rick

Thats easy you set up a "direct mail lead czar", who knows maybe John Edwards can head it up.
He's probably not to busy and we know he'll get down and dirty

In house.

.5-5%.

5%

.001%

Gotta get it opened, must reference life insurance, focus on ROI vs. response rate.

If you are looking for a good Final Expense list to mail or telemarket to, give me a call... offering 10,000 records for $235.00. NCOA and CASS certified.

Filter by geographical location: SCF, zip code, area code, state, county, city, or radius of a zip code.

AND Phones or No Phones (DNC scrubbed, Fed & State)
AND Range of age
AND Income

So you can use the same lead to cross sell other insurance products, we also include the following selects on output for no additional charge:
Homeowner
Household Composition
Type of Property
Presence of Children

Last edited:
Back