Gaining Subscribers to Your Mailing List

Its been a while since I been on here but hello all. I have a question in regards to generating more leads and nurturing existing clients. I have an e-newsletter that will be going out every month to those who subscribe on my website but I wanted to know what kind of FREE report or information are you guys using? The client relationship is very important to me and I feel that giving FREE USEFUL information is a good way to encourage new subscribers to your list. Are you guys offering free reports or information? I look forward to all your responses!

You would laugh at what my readers love. I once wrote something on how to cure and prevent head lice. How to stop an ear ache. How to reduce your credit card interest rate.

I write about things that I think others would love to read and then I post my ad someone on the email.

WIth Constant Contact I can see how is reading my emails and who also forwards my emails.

I have a newsletter for agents and for clients.

Don't write some boring stuff that no one will ever read. I made this mistake in the beginning.

I just added something about coupons on my newsletter and my clients love it.

YOu can click here to sign up for my Agent Newsletter.

I agree with Markingriffin. In a newsletter, there has to be something "light" and "fun" for the readers, as well as information that is relevant to your agency, their needs, and things they might not know, but will benefit from knowing. I think a good newletter must be a mix of all of these in order to be read so as not to end up being just another piece of junkmail that we have spent our time and money on!

Something I learned from the founder of ProFlowers is to look to your customer instead of looking to your competitor. To that end I suggest you try different email subject lines and topics and then measure your open rate, click through rate, unsubscribe rate, and number of sales per every 1,000 emails sent.

Minimize Clicks to Subscribe.
Most people have their opt-in form placed on the front page of their site – which is great. But what happens when people land on other pages? Make it as easy as possible to subscribe by putting your opt-in form in the sidebar of your site. If you’re using a WordPress blog, both Aweber, GetResponse and many other autoresponder systems have widgets that allow you to simply drag and drop a form into your sidebar.

Its been a while since I been on here but hello all. I have a question in regards to generating more leads and nurturing existing clients. I have an e-newsletter that will be going out every month to those who subscribe on my website but I wanted to know what kind of FREE report or information are you guys using? The client relationship is very important to me and I feel that giving FREE USEFUL information is a good way to encourage new subscribers to your list. Are you guys offering free reports or information? I look forward to all your responses!

What type of insurance do you want to sell? The lead magnet should fit what you are selling and the way you want to sell it.

I have a 21-page lead magnet for Medicare. It goes through all the steps one needs to take at 64 so that they are all set at 65.

Your lead magnet shouldn't be recipes, although your email sequence or newsletter can include some recipes or a long story that illustrates a point.

I wrote a story about an 89 year old client who goes to college and still paints beautiful portraits.

One of my clients father is 92 and still runs. I hope to interview him when I sell the son a Medigap policy. He is in great shape, but is hard of hearing and prefers to speak in Portuguese so it should be interesting.

I hope to eventually have a collection of stories about inspiring people of my parents' generation if only for personal motivation.

Getting back to your question...

One of my lead magnets is titled "3 Little-Known Ways to Save on Medical Costs without Changing Policies"

Part of the document is a story about how one of my clients cut their Rx costs in half by switching pharmacies at my suggestion.

Another is "Connecticut Consumers Guide to Choosing your Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage Plan"

I may add a subtitle "What to Do at 64 so You are All Set at 65."

Here are some suggestions:

"How to avoid common **** Insurance Rip Offs"

"Five Things to Look for in a **** Policy"

"How to Save on ***** Insurance without Sacrificing Protection"

"Step by Step Guide to Selecting the Right ***** Policy for You"

If you are willing to update the guide every year, putting the year in the title may make it more powerful.

"The 2018 [Your state, county or city] Guide to ****" will probably get a lot of interest in the fourth quarter of 2017.

In my opinion, you need a lead magnet that is at least 3 pages of useful content with no self-serving sales pitch.

I hope this helps. You can PM me if you want help refining the idea.

If you want to see my main lead magnet and my email sequence, enter your info on the for that pops up on my CT Medigap/Medicare Advantage Insurance site.

Back