I Must Be Doing Something Wrong

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
TN
I sell mainly Medicare Supplements.

I do mostly Internet leads, Live transfers and few teli leads, But when it comes to mailer leads its like kryptonite. I had just done a mailer only because I was given a really good deal on it, Honestly didn't expect many leads however I did get a bunch.

now with my other lead types I just take a consulting type role with the basic Idea that the client is looking for info and I am the expert and ask the appropriate questions and this works well, But with mailer leads this approach is not working well, I don't know why,

Maybe its the piece, It mentions changes in possible reduction in federal funding and changes in medicare benefits and such, The only thing is many of my teli leads have been told the same thing and they were not hard to close.

Any advice on how to approach a mailer lead and why it may be different then other leads I would appreciate?

I do mostly Internet leads, Live transfers and few teli leads, But when it comes to mailer leads its like kryptonite. I had just done a mailer only because I was given a really good deal on it, Honestly didn't expect many leads however I did get a bunch.

now with my other lead types I just take a consulting type role with the basic Idea that the client is looking for info and I am the expert and ask the appropriate questions and this works well, But with mailer leads this approach is not working well, I don't know why,

Maybe its the piece, It mentions changes in possible reduction in federal funding and changes in medicare benefits and such, The only thing is many of my teli leads have been told the same thing and they were not hard to close.

Any advice on how to approach a mailer lead and why it may be different then other leads I would appreciate?

It's not you, it's the people that respond. If you understand that most of the people responding to DM are mentally imbalanced, and adjust your approach accordingly, you will have a better shot at it.

It's not you, it's the people that respond. If you understand that most of the people responding to DM are mentally imbalanced, and adjust your approach accordingly, you will have a better shot at it.

Congratulations. I just just nominated this for post of the year.

Rick

Guess your right, I would not see myself sending in a card.Got 2 deals today pays for the mailer so anything more is profit. It is just more time consuming, I got way more leads then I expected forcing me to stop my normal campaigns. Mailer leads are harder to reach and more time consuming there just cheaper.

How many runs are you into your campaign? 1st run? 2nd run? Further? If you've mailed before you know that response rates increase with each subsequent mailing. In terms of your mail piece, you can never go wrong with including a clean and professional graphic and headline on one side and really compelling copy and a strong call to action on the back.

How many runs are you into your campaign? 1st run? 2nd run? Further? If you've mailed before you know that response rates increase with each subsequent mailing. In terms of your mail piece, you can never go wrong with including a clean and professional graphic and headline on one side and really compelling copy and a strong call to action on the back.

I have never had a mail response increase with subsequent mailing. Where are you getting this from? And what's this nonsense about a professional graphic? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

You do realize that this is an insurance forum?:nah:

I have never had a mail response increase with subsequent mailing. Where are you getting this from? And what's this nonsense about a professional graphic? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Probably not..............................:idea:

Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean its not true.

To your question "Where are you getting this from?" The Direct Marketing Association which is the world’s largest trade association dedicated to advancing and protecting responsible data-driven marketing is where I got my information from (increased response rates w/subsequent mailings).

As for the piece itself, its imperative that the piece be outstanding visually. Things including but not limited to an eye catching graphic, UV coating, over sized pieces, etc. all help make your mail piece stand out.

Moreover I send right around 50k mail pieces per month, so I have a pretty good sense for what works and doesn't.

Yes, I am fully aware that this is an insurance forum.

Just because you don't know something, doesn't mean its not true.

To your question "Where are you getting this from?" The Direct Marketing Association which is the world’s largest trade association dedicated to advancing and protecting responsible data-driven marketing is where I got my information from (increased response rates w/subsequent mailings).

As for the piece itself, its imperative that the piece be outstanding visually. Things including but not limited to an eye catching graphic, UV coating, over sized pieces, etc. all help make your mail piece stand out.

Moreover I send right around 50k mail pieces per month, so I have a pretty good sense for what works and doesn't.

Yes, I am fully aware that this is an insurance forum.

Can u post one of your mail pieces?

Back