Insurance Marketing Using PURLs & QR Codes Via Direct Mail

Ramond B

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm sure many of you have seen these since the future of consumers is all mobile and smart devices....
(you will need "QR reader" app to scan this, the app is more and more common every day)

imgphp.png

but have you actually used them in your mail pieces? Its working for several Mortgage clients of ours on first class letters so I would have to assume that they would work as well on post cards since they get more eyes on them...

Imagine a message that said "see how much you can save on your insurance monthly" with a big arrow pointing to a QR code or PURL, it helps convert more mail and its CHEAP!!! We can have the QR forward to one of three channels...

1) QR click to call
2) QR to your PURL
3) QR to your website

We always include the PURLs and QR code FREE on your first print run with our company. We also give you whole sale cost on your data. If anyone has interest in the direct mail platform OR if you just have questions about how it all works please let me know. I would love to help you all lower your CPA using our mobile technologies.

Last edited:
I made a post about this the other week. I just now made me one of these.

I'm not sure how many people will use them.

There is a way to track it.

When I went to google to find a website that made them, it gave me a company that makes them for you, but it first takes you to another url and then your website, so they can track how many people are using the link.

I didnt like how it didnt just show you the url, but guess that was what they were really doing.

Use them in print ads as well as direct mail. Too bad we don't have a way to track the traffic

If you have a gmail account, you can use goo.gl as a shortening url service. Put in the url you want to send people to, and it will give you a url like goo.gl/1manshow and it also includes a QR code for that link as well. Makes tracking very easy

You can also track it through the click to call feature if you make the QR go that route... Consumer scans, the smart phone dials, and your call capture (call 8 or other service) tracks it all. There are other forms of tracking as well. The point is that these are cheap (free with our mail campaigns) and a good addition to your mailer IF your using postcards, especially to a younger and upscale crowd such as long term life. The curiosity factor does in deed come into play. :idea:

Not sure this would work as well on the seniors though...

thats funny that you posted this.... i've been thinking of adding them to my postcards to direct people to our tv commercial that's online... nice

Great idea!!

Food for thought.... we handle everything for direct mail....print, postage, tracking, PURLs, QR, and the mailing list. If you want to save time and money we can do all that production for you in one shop. ;)

thats funny that you posted this.... i've been thinking of adding them to my postcards to direct people to our tv commercial that's online... nice

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back