Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts

I have mailed many different items over the years. Including calculators, cups and leather binders. Talk about lumpy and expensive. (not very bright)

The most successful in getting my piece opened at a reasonable price was Emory Boards. Flat, very cheap and the person could feel it in the envelope. I used them when I was doing orphan campaigns. One side had the insurance company name (credibility and authority) the other had my contact information.

Refrigerator magnet calendars and "In case of emergency" magnet cards did well with seniors. The advantages of those are. They fit in a #10 envelope, they do not cost extra to mail, they have a limited shelf life, they are designed to be displayed useful and not salesy. With a nice color laser printer they can be personalized.

Emory boards sound like a really good idea.

couple others I've never seen but I would like to receive.
chapstick
finger nail clippers

Ones that I get that I use are cool return of address labels.

I think you had an advertising thread somewhere this might be better in, but I don't know where it is anymore so I'm putting this here.

You know how some of the newer developments put up a wall between them and the high traffic streets? Not a gated community, just walls with street entrances.

A few days ago I saw a very large poster on a street entrance wall of one of those areas. It was a realtor sponsoring a neighborhood garage sale (in an area I'm sure she'd like to have listings in).

I don't know what all the sponsoring entailed, but she had a high visibility poster up for 3-4 days on what I would assume is at least a 15K a day going home vehicle route.

My take: You want to send something cheap, flat, easy to mail and, above all, USEFUL to whoever is getting it.

The little letter opener is a great idea. I still use one from a company I worked for 20 years ago.

Another possible gift that hasn't been mentioned is a cork coaster. I have several from that same company that I have scattered around the house for wherever I'm drinking something.

Is anyone sending imprinted gifts to prospects and clients? I'm looking for ideas.

I give away nice pens when I meet clients F-T-F, but I don't want the hassle and expense of mailing pens.

So far my best idea is mailing magnifiers to my MA and Medigap clients/prospects:

https://www.inkhead.com/wallet-magnifier-with-case/17847/

What items have you had success with for the senior market?

What items work for other markets?

(Caveat, not a sales person)

These look kind of expensive, but ......

Plantable Paper seed cards?

I just saw two ads for them:

One in a heart shape with wildflower seed to give to someone for a memorial planting

The other in the shape of a house as a business card for realtors.

On front envelope of an fe mailer?I’m sure all would open it but i don’t know I’d would increase your response .

What do y'all think about these for a mailer?

View attachment 6921

You know the "mail processing crisis" must be a real issue when bulk mailers resort to fake priority mail envelopes to get timely delivery of their advertising.

You'd just have to try it and see what kind of response you get. To me, that is "right there" with the Nigerian Prince emails and the IRS Services phone calls.

Back