Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum

Reply to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts     
Old 06-09-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
Guru
Alston on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts:1,109
State: Alston is an Insurance Agent from Connecticut
Alston is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Is anyone sending imprinted gifts to prospects and clients? I'm looking for ideas.

I give away nice pens when I meet clients F-T-F, but I don't want the hassle and expense of mailing pens.

So far my best idea is mailing magnifiers to my MA and Medigap clients/prospects:

https://www.inkhead.com/wallet-magni...th-case/17847/

What items have you had success with for the senior market?

What items work for other markets?

------------------------------------
Alston J. Balkcom
Affordable Connecticut Health Insurance
Insurance Quotes
Insurance Sales Leads - buy trade sell
Insurance Broker -CT licensed since 1985-
and Webmaster
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts

Old 06-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
Guru
kgmom219 on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts:4,827
State: kgmom219 is an Insurance Agent from Texas
kgmom219 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Originally Posted by Alston View Post
Is anyone sending imprinted gifts to prospects and clients? I'm looking for ideas.

I give away nice pens when I meet clients F-T-F, but I don't want the hassle and expense of mailing pens.

So far my best idea is mailing magnifiers to my MA and Medigap clients/prospects:

https://www.inkhead.com/wallet-magni...th-case/17847/

What items have you had success with for the senior market?

What items work for other markets?

4th of July cards are great!
  • The Greatest Generation appreciates the patriotism
  • You stand out, because how many 4th of July cards do you get?
  • Its 90 days prior to open enrollment
  • Last year, I think I got a 15% response ("Thanks for the card!")
  • And I send them out to Small Businesses, U65 and O65


------------------------------------
Good things don't come to those who wait. They come to those who work their butts off and never give up.
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #3
Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts:1,000
State: LostDollar is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
These are all lumpy so I am not sure this is much help, but

When I was still working, a software developer my company used had
a) a really nice staple remover. It was about the length of a pen, had a metal blade to slip under staples and a spring loaded piece of plastic over the metal to keep the pulled staples on the blade but back away from the working end. I managed to acquire two, one for work and one for home, and when the work one broke I had a bit of trouble getting it replaced.

b) a more common item from other sources too, a good quality paper clip with a strong refrigerator magnet. I see three on my refrigerator right now from 3 different sources and I think one other one has a stronger spring, but the software company's is a very nice one.

3) A third item which I have to find somewhere to mooch now because mine broke, is a letteropener. (I cant remember if the software guy had those too.) Those plastic things with a piece of razor blade in them. Those are a great tool but when you are cheap and try to use them for a long time, either the plastic points break off or the blades get dull. The one we are making do with right now also has a magnet on the back so we can store it on the refrigerator if we wish.

Those are the three free promo items which I have personally found most useful over the years.

Pens are a dime a dozen. I have some financial institution ones for daily use. If somebody whose business I cared about gave me a good quality eversharp pencil, I would probably keep that accessible to use. (My pen and pencil attitudes are probably not the norm.)

-------------------------------------------------------

(personally I have found magnifying reading glasses to be more useful than a plastic magnifier strip. In the absence of any consumer feedback, I don't know how much actual "in front of consumer" benefit you are getting from that particular device.)

------------------------------------
LD is a Life Ins. & Medicare Supplement Consumer learning about Medicare

"...no space of regret can make amends for one life's opportunity misused..."
A Christmas Carol

Last edited by LostDollar; 06-09-2017 at 09:16 AM.
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
Guru
rousemark on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts:12,867
State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Speaking as a "Senior". I will tell you $100 bills get our attention, are appreciated and are easy for you to mail...Problem solved!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
Guru
Justin Bilyj on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts:4,821
State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
I will add this, one of the most popular lumpy mailer companies that I see promoted around here, 3dmailresults, has an "insurance-agent" package for $697, that is just a template version of all the other sets he sells for the same price. Not worth it imo...
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #6
Guru
Josh on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts:11,753
State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
Speaking as a "Senior". I will tell you $100 bills get our attention, are appreciated and are easy for you to mail...Problem solved!
Something is millennials have in common as well
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #7
Guru
Alston on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts:1,109
State: Alston is an Insurance Agent from Connecticut
Alston is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Alston is the thread starter for: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts

Originally Posted by LostDollar View Post
These are all lumpy so I am not sure this is much help, but

When I was still working, a software developer my company used had
a) a really nice staple remover. It was about the length of a pen, had a metal blade to slip under staples and a spring loaded piece of plastic over the metal to keep the pulled staples on the blade but back away from the working end. I managed to acquire two, one for work and one for home, and when the work one broke I had a bit of trouble getting it replaced.

b) a more common item from other sources too, a good quality paper clip with a strong refrigerator magnet. I see three on my refrigerator right now from 3 different sources and I think one other one has a stronger spring, but the software company's is a very nice one.

3) A third item which I have to find somewhere to mooch now because mine broke, is a letteropener. (I cant remember if the software guy had those too.) Those plastic things with a piece of razor blade in them. Those are a great tool but when you are cheap and try to use them for a long time, either the plastic points break off or the blades get dull. The one we are making do with right now also has a magnet on the back so we can store it on the refrigerator if we wish.

Those are the three free promo items which I have personally found most useful over the years.

Pens are a dime a dozen. I have some financial institution ones for daily use. If somebody whose business I cared about gave me a good quality eversharp pencil, I would probably keep that accessible to use. (My pen and pencil attitudes are probably not the norm.)

-------------------------------------------------------

(personally I have found magnifying reading glasses to be more useful than a plastic magnifier strip. In the absence of any consumer feedback, I don't know how much actual "in front of consumer" benefit you are getting from that particular device.)
I like the letter opener idea. It is a little heavy, but it can be mailed in a regular envelope. I might use that idea.

I agree with you about pens. I give away metal ones. Plastic ones get tossed and don't make right statement about my business.

----------

Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Something is millennials have in common as well
I'd send you a small stack, if it weren't for the CMS regs.

You could be a secret shopper.

Very sorry.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #8
Guru
WinoBlues on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts:17,225
State: WinoBlues is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WinoBlues is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Originally Posted by Alston View Post
Is anyone sending imprinted gifts to prospects and clients? I'm looking for ideas.

I give away nice pens when I meet clients F-T-F, but I don't want the hassle and expense of mailing pens.

So far my best idea is mailing magnifiers to my MA and Medigap clients/prospects:

https://www.inkhead.com/wallet-magni...th-case/17847/

What items have you had success with for the senior market?

What items work for other markets?
I have mailed many different items over the years. Including calculators, cups and leather binders. Talk about lumpy and expensive. (not very bright)

The most successful in getting my piece opened at a reasonable price was Emory Boards. Flat, very cheap and the person could feel it in the envelope. I used them when I was doing orphan campaigns. One side had the insurance company name (credibility and authority) the other had my contact information.

Refrigerator magnet calendars and "In case of emergency" magnet cards did well with seniors. The advantages of those are. They fit in a #10 envelope, they do not cost extra to mail, they have a limited shelf life, they are designed to be displayed useful and not salesy. With a nice color laser printer they can be personalized.

------------------------------------
America's Sons and Daughters http://iraqwarheroes.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt8y18YFH70

WinoBlues @ Gmail.com
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 11:03 AM   #9
Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts:6,389
State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
I was just about to suggest magnets. If its nice enough some people will actually put it on their refrigerator. I knew a financial planner who would put tax info on magnets along with his contact info. Stuff like the max IRA contributions, cap gains rate, ira deadlines, etc. and usually a "tip" of some kind. They were nice magnets, the flexible type, but thick and high quality. People could tell there was a thick magnet inside, so Im guessing most got opened.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #10
Guru
inreverse on Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts:737
State: inreverse is an Insurance Agent from Minnesota
Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts Re: Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Jar openers, are kept forever and easy to mail
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Reply to Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum




Similar Threads with Lumpy Mail / Imprinted Gifts
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mail Drops for Medicare axeman462 Direct Mail Marketing Forum 73 07-06-2017 01:59 PM
Final Expense Direct Mail Company "Scam" NSRH Final Expense Forum 42 05-28-2017 08:22 AM
Direct Mail Leads - All areas slym34 Direct Mail Marketing Forum 44 11-25-2008 10:39 AM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
This poll will close on 08-17-2017 at 02:28 PM