Mail Drops for Medicare

Well between 6 agents that work primarily the final expense market we have done 33 continuous drops around northeast and north central Indiana. Each drop is $390.
Total Drop Cost is $13,260

That has produced roughly $61,479 in annual commissionable premium which is on average about $1863 per drop.

Each agent is on a 90% comp schedule

Total commission is $55,331
Total investment is $13,260

ROI is 417.2% from this program alone

I have several marketing programs and we track ROI on each. I don't know how you define great and maybe that could be arguable but I will sacrifice spending $390 a week to generate $1676/avg per drop

Well between 6 agents that work primarily the final expense market we have done 33 continuous drops around northeast and north central Indiana. Each drop is $390.

That has produced roughly $61,479 in annual commissionable premium which is on average about $1863 per drop.

I have several marketing programs and we track ROI on each. I don't know how you define great and maybe that could be arguable but I will sacrifice spending $390 a week to generate $1676/avg per drop

That's a low FE contract for not being able to place much AP...

My agents are captive with benefits, 401k and pensions along with an inherited book of 400-500 clients. My agents are also provided unlimited postage, telemarketers, office space, and overhead which is at no expense so they'll never complain about 90%.

Therefore The career contract is sacrificed and our main product source is IUL/GUL with LTC as well as indexed annuities. Final expense is our last resource sale or a easy quick sale from a quick mail drop. I give out some direct contracts through Transamerica about 120% to some agents but again that's not our go to product

OK, you define that as great. I do not. But "great" is quite subjective. That's why the numbers are more important that the adjectives.

My agents are captive with benefits, 401k and pensions along with an inherited book of 400-500 clients. My agents are also provided unlimited postage, telemarketers, office space, and overhead which is at no expense so they'll never complain about 90%.

Therefore The career contract is sacrificed and our main product source is IUL/GUL with LTC as well as indexed annuities. Final expense is our last resource sale or a easy quick sale from a quick mail drop. I give out some direct contracts through Transamerica about 120% to some agents but again that's not our go to product

Well then I take that back then, sounds reasonable...

1. The website for leads2success lists direct mail at $440, not $390
2. The thread was about medicare leads not FE.

Well between 6 agents that work primarily the final expense market we have done 33 continuous drops around northeast and north central Indiana. Each drop is $390. Total Drop Cost is $13,260 That has produced roughly $61,479 in annual commissionable premium which is on average about $1863 per drop. Each agent is on a 90% comp schedule Total commission is $55,331 Total investment is $13,260 ROI is 417.2% from this program alone I have several marketing programs and we track ROI on each. I don't know how you define great and maybe that could be arguable but I will sacrifice spending $390 a week to generate $1676/avg per drop

That's pretty good IMO.

As far as med supp mailers go, I use lead concept, but my FMO Premier Senior Marketing gives you a lead discount if you write 5 apps per month through them. That lowers my cost to $225 per 1k pieces. You're not taking any cut in medicare commissions so it's a no brainer.

So you yourself pay for the lead drops @ $390 each? Does that mean the agent actually gets the full $1676 or do you take away the mail cost of $390 from the $1676?

Sounds like you have a pretty tight gig there.:yes: Thats a compliment by the way.

Back