Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum

Reply to Mail Drops for Medicare     
Old 04-28-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Guru
axeman462 on Mail Drops for Medicare

State: axeman462 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
axeman462 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Mail Drops for Medicare Mail Drops for Medicare
Seems like there is a lot of different mail houses out there for Direct Mail. I am wanting to start doing monthly Mail drops for Medicare. I just ordered one from Target Leads, a T65 mailers and it costed something like $559 for a 1100 piece drop.
Shopping around is a bit difficult, because they all want me to call for a quote, then I have to listen to their sales pitch, and it takes a half hour just to get an answer.
Do $559 for a 1100 piece drop sound about right? also, what are the pros and cons of some of the mail houses out there? It would be really helpful if someone could make a sticky of some of the more popular mailer companies out there with their prices and reviews on them...
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Mail Drops for Medicare

Old 04-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Guru
Newby on Mail Drops for Medicare

State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Mail Drops for Medicare
Originally Posted by axeman462 View Post
Seems like there is a lot of different mail houses out there for Direct Mail. I am wanting to start doing monthly Mail drops for Medicare. I just ordered one from Target Leads, a T65 mailers and it costed something like $559 for a 1100 piece drop. Shopping around is a bit difficult, because they all want me to call for a quote, then I have to listen to their sales pitch, and it takes a half hour just to get an answer. Do $559 for a 1100 piece drop sound about right? also, what are the pros and cons of some of the mail houses out there? It would be really helpful if someone could make a sticky of some of the more popular mailer companies out there with their prices and reviews on them...
If you do a search you will see many reviews. The Lead Connection is a favorite of many. He will do set price Med Sup mailers for around $20 or less each. Price per 1,000 is around $440.

Call him. No sales pitch. He's too busy for that.

www.fexcontracting.com
fexcontracting is about helping independent FE agents get good contracts with the top quality companies and get them up to speed fast with product knowledge and a plan to succeed.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:04 AM   #3
Guru
Gooner on Mail Drops for Medicare

State: Gooner is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Gooner is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Mail Drops for Medicare Re: Mail Drops for Medicare
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
If you do a search you will see many reviews. The Lead Connection is a favorite of many. He will do set price Med Sup mailers for around $20 or less each. Price per 1,000 is around $440.

Call him. No sales pitch. He's too busy for that.
Too busy for a sales pitch...you're lucky to get him on the phone. Just shoot them an email with the counties, ages, income etc... that you want and they'll email you back in a couple of hours how many addresses they have per county. They are really quick...if I used Direct Mail, they would be the only company I'd use!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:41 PM   #4
Guru

State: John Galt is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
Too busy for a sales pitch...you're lucky to get him on the phone. Just shoot them an email with the counties, ages, income etc... that you want and they'll email you back in a couple of hours how many addresses they have per county. They are really quick...if I used Direct Mail, they would be the only company I'd use!
Agreed, Chris is fair and has the best returns. I have never used anyone else but why bother.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #5
Guru
GreenSky on Mail Drops for Medicare

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Very nice Allyn. You've never been on this forum but your 1st post is an ad for your company.

Your mailing pieces are no different than anyone else's. There is nothing unique nor anything that can't be copied really quickly.

Never thought anything other than good thoughts about your company (although you're way too expensive) but just posting an ad makes me thing twice. You'll notice that Lead Connections has never bothered to post an ad. Satisfied customers do that for him.

Rick

Now offering Washington National contracts. Great cancer plans!
YIO is now available at http://yourinsuranceoffice.net/.

insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com

Last edited by Arthur Rudnick; 05-16-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
Guru
Eldo on Mail Drops for Medicare

State: Eldo is an Insurance Agent from Nebraska
Where are you getting 2.5-3% response?

Sure as heck it's not in Nebraska!

I have tried you twice, once in 6/13 and received 1.22% off the MS17. Last month I used the MS26 and received a WHOPPING 1.10%.

I'm glad you posted here so the agents here can see that they can not expect to get what you advertise!

Hell, I would be happy to get 1.5%

Last edited by Arthur Rudnick; 05-16-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Guru

State: John Galt is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
Where are you getting 2.5-3% response?

Sure as heck it's not in Nebraska!

I have tried you twice, once in 6/13 and received 1.22% off the MS17. Last month I used the MS26 and received a WHOPPING 1.10%.

I'm glad you posted here so the agents here can see that they can not expect to get what you advertise!

Hell, I would be happy to get 1.5%

What a ripoff!!!
Did you use them for FE or Medsupp leads? Im assuming medsupp.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #8
Guru
Eldo on Mail Drops for Medicare

State: Eldo is an Insurance Agent from Nebraska
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Did you use them for FE or Medsupp leads? Im assuming medsupp.
Med Supp............
Old 05-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
Guru

State: AnonymousOne is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
It's nice to have a lead company posting here, but why would you start your first post to someone purely asking for prices without having to call a company and you just post your phone number!?!?
Please redeem this and let's move forward, I have been happy with kramer so far with custom pieces.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #10
Guru
axeman462 on Mail Drops for Medicare

State: axeman462 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
axeman462 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Mail Drops for Medicare Re: Mail Drops for Medicare axeman462 is the thread starter for: Mail Drops for Medicare

Well, I gave TLC a call. Placing an order with Chris.
lol he tells me I can probably expect a 2.5-3% response rate for my T65 mailer. I am a little skeptical, because I have never gotten more than a 1.8% response rate, and I average between 1.0-1.5%.
So I am really hoping he is as good as yall say he is...
Reply to Mail Drops for Medicare 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum

Tags
medicare