Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum

Reply to MSpowermail T65 Mailer     
Old 08-31-2017, 06:26 PM   #11
Guru
GreenSky on MSpowermail T65 Mailer

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
MSpowermail T65 Mailer Re: MSpowermail T65 Mailer
Originally Posted by Chazm View Post
I'm jealous. I crashed and burned. Wasted about 6 months trying to do it and gave up.

----------
Should of said, I've mailed all over Fl. I pretty much have at one point or another.
Right now I just hit Jax and st Augustine and send out about 2k cards a month. Now that I finally have a good TM I want to up it to 3k after AEP. Gonna be a good year I feel!
Don't feel bad. Most agents are jealous of me!

But why would you need a TM if you're doing mailings? Or why would you need to do mailings if you have a TM? Seems like you're spending a crapload on one or the other.

Rick

------------------------------------
Now offering Washington National contracts. Great cancer plans!
YIO is now available at http://yourinsuranceoffice.net/.

insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com
  Reply With Quote to MSpowermail T65 Mailer

Old 08-31-2017, 06:47 PM   #12
Guru

State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club

Should of said, I've mailed all over Fl. I pretty much have at one point or another.
Right now I just hit Jax and st Augustine and send out about 2k cards a month. Now that I finally have a good TM I want to up it to 3k after AEP. Gonna be a good year I feel!
I have about 1500 people turning 65 on a monthly basis within a reasonable radius of where I live (which doesn't overlap your region), do you mail multiple times to the same person or just pick the 6 month out list and mail 1X? If I could get 2-3% return off mailings I would go for it after AEP next year, does that seem reasonable?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #13
Guru
Chazm on MSpowermail T65 Mailer

State: Chazm is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Chazm is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post
Don't feel bad. Most agents are jealous of me!

But why would you need a TM if you're doing mailings? Or why would you need to do mailings if you have a TM? Seems like you're spending a crapload on one or the other.

Rick
I've been calling my DM's for years on my own and I hit a wall on seeing more people. For instance in April or may I got over a 5% response and it was about 110 DM cards that came in. I was busy seeing new T65's along with the folks that were from that DM and I just wasted a ton of those cards.

I brainstorm with 3 other guys nearby who all use TM's to call their leads and they all double my sales.

I found a good setter from an agent here on the forums and she only charges $15 per set appt. it's well worth the money and she is keeping me somewhat busy while my return rate is only around 3% right now and I'm moving to another city (maybe). So I've sent out less last month. Only 1200 cards.

I want to keep her though because once AEP is over I'll send out 3k cards and I'll easily get over 100 cards a month until around may.

----------

Originally Posted by FLM2 View Post
I have about 1500 people turning 65 on a monthly basis within a reasonable radius of where I live (which doesn't overlap your region), do you mail multiple times to the same person or just pick the 6 month out list and mail 1X? If I could get 2-3% return off mailings I would go for it after AEP next year, does that seem reasonable?
In September I mail out March April and may. I hit people 3x. It sucks at first but after a few months your pipeline is filled and you are signing people up each month from it. 2% return on low end, 5% on high. And that's with using an income filter of $25k-$125k

What area are you in?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #14
Guru

State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I've been calling my DM's for years on my own and I hit a wall on seeing more people. For instance in April or may I got over a 5% response and it was about 110 DM cards that came in. I was busy seeing new T65's along with the folks that were from that DM and I just wasted a ton of those cards.

I brainstorm with 3 other guys nearby who all use TM's to call their leads and they all double my sales.

I found a good setter from an agent here on the forums and she only charges $15 per set appt. it's well worth the money and she is keeping me somewhat busy while my return rate is only around 3% right now and I'm moving to another city (maybe). So I've sent out less last month. Only 1200 cards.

I want to keep her though because once AEP is over I'll send out 3k cards and I'll easily get over 100 cards a month until around may.

----------

In September I mail out March April and may. I hit people 3x. It sucks at first but after a few months your pipeline is filled and you are signing people up each month from it. 2% return on low end, 5% on high. And that's with using an income filter of $25k-$125k

What area are you in?
I'm going to be moving in the Jan/Feb time frame to someplace north of Tampa, either Hernando or Citrus Counties. From there I could mail to Hernando, Citrus, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Pinellas for T65s (also Sarasota/Manatee since I lived there for 5 years and always need an excuse to visit friends).
Reply to MSpowermail T65 Mailer 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Direct Mail Marketing Forum