Proof Of Mailing???????

lgreen

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just wondering how many of you ask for proof that the company actually mailed what you ordered? Also what companies out there will provide this to you if you ask?

Just wondering how many of you ask for proof that the company actually mailed what you ordered? Also what companies out there will provide this to you if you ask?

Great question to ask. I've heard horror stories that most lead companies or mail houses shave off a few mailings here and there to save mail costs. 25 less, 50 less, etc. it all adds up. I'm sure some do it more than others and some are probably legitimate about it. I would request the data list that they mailed for you. At least they obtained the data but that doesn't guarantee they actually mailed it out. if you go through your imo, typically they won't cheat you mailers because they want you to write more insurance business. I say typically because there are some imo's who try and make money off the leads or mailers too. If you are getting charged $500 per 1k or less, that's a decent deal on mail.
At the end of the day, do you trust the company you're going through? And what's their business model if it's an imo? If you're questioning whether or not they are mailing the full 1k or whatever, then that's probably answering your question. Find a new company to go through.

I used to do my own mailings and always received a Proof of Mailing from the post office. However, I'm told now that the post office does not provide this automatically.

I used to do my own mailings and always received a Proof of Mailing from the post office. However, I'm told now that the post office does not provide this automatically.

Why did you stop doing your own?

Back