Prospecting Letter or Mailer

Who you mail to is just as important as what you are mailing out. In general you will get about 1/2 of 1% response these days for life mailers.

I've been really working on some targeted list lately doing another mailing. I'm doing a term mailer, and going after a list of middle age women that coupon.

That makes sense. It sounds like you have been doing a lot of direct mailing. Im new to this and I was wondering overall is it worth it. Has it been worth it for you?

Cheta, this thread is nearly 2 years old!

I bet they sent it, or I bet they didnt

That makes sense. It sounds like you have been doing a lot of direct mailing. Im new to this and I was wondering overall is it worth it. Has it been worth it for you?

Sometimes I feel like it is buying lottery tickets or those people on tv that buy storage units.

The trick you can't just do it a little bit. You have to be in it to win it. But you will learn to fine tune it, and get better results and close more of the people.

I try and make up my own list to mail to. I'm going back to middle age people for a while and trying to sell term insurance.

If you use a mailing house you are looking at about $340 per 1,000 mailings. You will get about 4 to 6 cards back. End up getting about 4 appointments and selling 2 to 3 of them.

After a while it will avg out and you will make a good profit. But you will have to learn to ask for referrals and work your butt off.

I'm also lucky enough to get some free stamps from my father. So I get to do some test markets and do more mailings.

Sometimes I feel like it is buying lottery tickets or those people on tv that buy storage units.

The trick you can't just do it a little bit. You have to be in it to win it. But you will learn to fine tune it, and get better results and close more of the people.

I try and make up my own list to mail to. I'm going back to middle age people for a while and trying to sell term insurance.

If you use a mailing house you are looking at about $340 per 1,000 mailings. You will get about 4 to 6 cards back. End up getting about 4 appointments and selling 2 to 3 of them.

After a while it will avg out and you will make a good profit. But you will have to learn to ask for referrals and work your butt off.

I'm also lucky enough to get some free stamps from my father. So I get to do some test markets and do more mailings.

Thanks for the help. I would like to try and start some direct mailing. Since you have experience with it. What would you suggest is the best way to get started? How do you go about it? As a newbie to direct mailing would you try to use a direct mailing system or do you try and go about making and sending everything on your own?

Thanks for the help. I would like to try and start some direct mailing. Since you have experience with it. What would you suggest is the best way to get started? How do you go about it? As a newbie to direct mailing would you try to use a direct mailing system or do you try and go about making and sending everything on your own?

You should use a direct mail company vs doing it yourself until you learn more.

There are tons of ways to prospect. It is not all about direct mail.

You should use a direct mail company vs doing it yourself until you learn more.

There are tons of ways to prospect. It is not all about direct mail.
I do plan on using other ways to prospect I just trying to learn about this right now. What direct mailing companies would you suggest.

So as a beginner how would you start going about all of this then? Also what do you prefer or what works best out of postcards or letters?

Cheat I used letters and postcards. The post cards are a bit cheaper due to the cost of mailing. But I found that people tend to open the letter and read them more that the post cards.

If you want to try a postcard company try Postcardmania.com 800-628-1801 its like 5000 for $329. Not a bad deal. Good Luck
:biggrin:

Cheat I used letters and postcards. The post cards are a bit cheaper due to the cost of mailing. But I found that people tend to open the letter and read them more that the post cards.

If you want to try a postcard company try Postcardmania.com 800-628-1801 its like 5000 for $329. Not a bad deal. Good Luck
:biggrin:

I think postcards are better than letters. They dont have to open them and more people read them while bring the mail inside. I know I read every postcard that I get.

Back