Reply Card Vs No Reply Card - That is the Question

This is where I completely disagree with most FE agents.

I drop mailings on the same areas time after time over and over and have for many years. In addition to my mailings I know of at least 10 other FE agents that are mailing the exact same zips (including JD Easy).

I see no need to ever wait longer than 30-days and even then, they probably had several other mailings since your last one anyway.

I believe agents travel too far and try to cover too large of an area. You are more effective with less windshield time.[/quote]

Newby, are you inching towards FE tele-sales?

agreed that you'll get less of a reponse when putting the phone number on the mail piece, but when used with a reply card, it works pretty well in my opinion.

there are some people that will only respond with a number, some will only fill out the reply card. I've dropped 6000 in the last 2 weeks, and did it without the phone number, whereas 3 months ago when i dropped to those zips I did it with the phone number. Most that I sold from the last drop called instead of sending the card back.

I've also tried my 800 number vs my local number, and the local number gets a better response. I have only done just the post card and number without the BRM for maybe 4000, and have gotten awful results. If they call you when you don't answer the phone, it might be the only time they call. If they receive the post card on the weekend, and don't think you are open, they hold until monday and never remember to call.

The downside of the number is I do get some that call, I quote the product and can save them $50/month, and then they never will set the appointment. Seniors sure are busy when you try to set an appointment, but if you drop by, they are always at home watching Judge Judy.

Mine have almost always been medsupp mailers

This is where I completely disagree with most FE agents.

I drop mailings on the same areas time after time over and over and have for many years. In addition to my mailings I know of at least 10 other FE agents that are mailing the exact same zips (including JD Easy).

I see no need to ever wait longer than 30-days and even then, they probably had several other mailings since your last one anyway.

I believe agents travel too far and try to cover too large of an area. You are more effective with less windshield time.

Do you keep the same filters on all your drops or do you like to "tweak" them a bit since you are mailing into the same areas? There seems to be a pretty clear consensus regarding target income and age for FE and would like to hear about your approach.

Oneputt said:
Do you keep the same filters on all your drops or do you like to "tweak" them a bit since you are mailing into the same areas? There seems to be a pretty clear consensus regarding target income and age for FE and would like to hear about your approach.

Since I'm mailing to a very limited area and population, I mail to a wider audience. If I had unlimited population I would only mail females age 62-72 between $20,000 to $40,000 with dogs.

But I cast a wider net than that.

I think reply cards aren't really necessary. Not unless if you have some promos associated with it. Anyway, you can just be contacted with the info you provide on the flyer.

Years ago I worked with a company that sold magazines. But the divison I worked for would hook up with a senior center and offer the magazines for free along with a special cover that would included advertising from 1 sponsor. To reach the sponsors be it audioligist, Drs, Funeral Homes what not I mailed a simple postcard I could purchase from the Post office it was blank on 1 side and put the label on the other.

There was nothing special about the card it was all about the message. The only way to contact me on that post card was by calling me and I had a 20% contact rate. Now if only I could figure out how to do that with insurance.

There was nothing special about the card it was all about the message. The only way to contact me on that post card was by calling me and I had a 20% contact rate. Now if only I could figure out how to do that with insurance.

For $10 I'll set you up with a contract to sell zero premium life insurance.

Rick

GreenSky said:
For $10 I'll set you up with a contract to sell zero premium life insurance.

Rick

No thank you, the last contract you set me up with got shut down by CMS after I spent money on a mailing for it :). Couldn't help it Rick. The beauty of those postcards is I had businesses calling me to buy those ads.

No thank you, the last contract you set me up with got shut down by CMS after I spent money on a mailing for it :). Couldn't help it Rick. The beauty of those postcards is I had businesses calling me to buy those ads.

So CMS sanctioned the plan. Does that make it my fault? I didn't turn them in - at least you can't prove that I did.

Tried to get them shut down just in Maine and CMS went and knocked them off entirely.

Now they got bought by the evil empire. I'm sure that will help.

Rick

Back