Use Home Return Address and Personal Cell Phone Number?

1. Get a PO Box. Its stupid cheap. Get the smallest one possible.
2. I have had the same cell for 15 years. About 10 years ago, I added a second cell. So I look like a drug dealer, but LOVE having the second cell, so I can turn the business OFF. But I get calls that start with "12 years ago, you helped my mom". I will never release this number.
3. I can mirror my phone number on my cell with the phone app. (I really don't get how this works. But the man is a telecom guy and he set it up for me.)

I don't like the virtual office solution, because I know too many that have gone out of business or changed addresses. Which leaves you having to update business cards, mailers, etc.

years ago i tried a company that provided live receptionists to answer phone.
tried testing it a few times, and had lady answer it with WRONG company name. manager said it was no problem, as people will just think they dialed a wrong number and will call back. duh, not if it is displayed on client's phone

Google voice is great. I can't stand texting on a phone, but I do use my laptop. Plus, I use the plugin in Google Chrome, so I get real time notifications and can respond directly in my browser without opening up a new tab.

I don't like the virtual office solution, because I know too many that have gone out of business or changed addresses. Which leaves you having to update business cards, mailers, etc.

That can definitely be an issue. Especially since UPS stores are franchises. Something like Regus is a more stable option, generally speaking. But lots of "fly by night" type of virtual offices. And when your appointed with multiple carriers, its a huge PIA to change business addresses.

----------

Google voice is great. I can't stand texting on a phone, but I do use my laptop. Plus, I use the plugin in Google Chrome, so I get real time notifications and can respond directly in my browser without opening up a new tab.

Google Voice rocks. Its a super cheap way to have a dedicated business line. You get a line for free if you use Google Office Suite for your email.

Ive started using talk-to-text a lot for texting. It gets a lot more accurate the more you use it. Its almost second nature for me now to use it for texts.

Back