Use Home Return Address and Personal Cell Phone Number?

entrep1776

Guru
100+ Post Club
I plan on working out of my home office and using my personal cell phone.

On mailers should I put my home address?

& then I have a Google number. Or just put my personal cell?

Probably pretty basic questions,but I'm gonna put it out there neway.

I have always used my home address but NEVER used my business and certainly not my cell. Google voice is your friend.

Rick

I always have used a Post Office box... It is more secure and I don't want everyone I come in contact to know where I live.

I always have used a Post Office box... It is more secure and I don't want everyone I come in contact to know where I live.

I use both my home return address and cell phone - I do mostly face to face appointments so wouldn't it be hypocritical of me to try and shield myself from prospects? Too much fear over tiny ass odds of anything ever really happening...sounds like a good insurance policy!

isn't it kind of a pain to check that or way for PO Box to go to home address?

----------

I use both my home return address and cell phone - I do mostly face to face appointments so wouldn't it be hypocritical of me to try and shield myself from prospects? Too much fear over tiny ass odds of anything ever really happening...sounds like a good insurance policy!

I'm single guy. so home address won't worry in regards to wife/kids.

But a pissed off prospect! If they got enough energy to show up at my house at least they could have courtesy to buy something.

----------

I'm single guy. so home address won't worry in regards to wife/kids.

But a pissed off prospect! If they got enough energy to show up at my house at least they could have courtesy to buy something.

A PO box is less than $100 per year. I give everyone my cell. Medicare prospects don't call that often, as evidenced by how little I really work

----------

I started in the day when many payments were received by mail, some in cash. Even today I receive some checks by mail and the PO Box is more secure than a rural delivery box. If I am gone for a week, I do not have to worry about mail piling up in the box in front of the house or stopping and restarting delivery.

The PO Box looks a little more professional than a residential address to many people. There was a time when "home" offices were not as accepted as they are now.

The PO Box does provide a slight layer of annonynimity even though now most people can easily find your address on the internet. ( A bit harder in my case as my home address in one town and my post office box in another) If your home address is on your business card, it is not just your clients or even potential clients that see it.

For $48 per year, I find it a bargain.

As for telephone, I use my cell phone for everything these days so that is the number I have on my card.

I started in the day when many payments were received by mail, some in cash. Even today I receive some checks by mail and the PO Box is more secure than a rural delivery box. If I am gone for a week, I do not have to worry about mail piling up in the box in front of the house or stopping and restarting delivery.

The PO Box looks a little more professional than a residential address to many people. There was a time when "home" offices were not as accepted as they are now.

The PO Box does provide a slight layer of annonynimity even though now most people can easily find your address on the internet. ( A bit harder in my case as my home address in one town and my post office box in another) If your home address is on your business card, it is not just your clients or even potential clients that see it.

For $48 per year, I find it a bargain.

As for telephone, I use my cell phone for everything these days so that is the number I have on my card.

So just your cell phone number? Any challenges with customers /personal mixed together?

Google voice works ok. but either i don't know how to use it or it just doesn't work as well as my direct cell number. I use Google # for my Craigslist ads.

So just your cell phone number? Any challenges with customers /personal mixed together?

Google voice works ok. but either i don't know how to use it or it just doesn't work as well as my direct cell number. I use Google # for my Craigslist ads.

No problems. I answer all calls anyway. Back in the day before cell phones when I had an office, I spent so much time family and friends had to call my business phone anyway so nothing is different today. :)

You can always get a "Virtual Office" Address. Regus Business Centers is a big provider of this. So are UPS Stores. You get an actual business street address, but it acts like a PO box. You can even get mail forwarded to your home address if you want. Regus offers receptionist services too (there are others out there that do similar things, google "virtual office".

Long story short, for $80 per month you can have an actual business type street address.

As far as the phone goes, use google voice. To be more specific, use Google Office Suite for email and other services, which includes Google Voice, and costs only $12 per month. It routes the Gvoice calls right to your cell. Its all you will ever need these days.

Back