Valpak to Market Final Expense

Anyways in my area it's $600 per distribution of 10,000. I'm just not sure that I buy into the 87% open rate. I've never opened one myself lol.

What good does it do you if the envelope is opened by a 35 yo healthy person? If I were going to use ValPak for insurance leads I would attempt to tailor the ad piece to hit across the spectrum of several things;
1) income protection due to loss of work;
2) mortgage cancellation due to death of any party on the home mortgage;
3) life insurance for challenging situations due to unisurable health conditions
4) Easy issue final expense policies for ages 50 to 80; no health exam required.

I would think that the only or best way to approach this would be to include a tri fold piece with a tear off of the bottom 1/3rd of it [perforated] and they could check off one of the 3 or 4 categories, include their name, age(s), address and contact info. The opposite side would be a return reply no-postage req'd back to you po box.

OR, if you are marketing exclusively to FE clients, why not spend that same $ 600 and you will get appx 1800 mailers to those in the age range that ARE 50-80 only.

Seems very generous but open rates are only part of the issue. Most everyone opens their mailbox. How many actually look at each postcard they receive and reply? Now couple that with the fact there are 20ish cards inside the ValPak. Even if it is opened, what are the odds they will actually view yours and respond? Still not a bad rate but aren't they sent to everyone in a zipcode not segmented by age, income, etc?

I open everyone I get and look through it. Subway coupons and coupons for a local car-wash.

Thats the problem with the Valpak, you are supposed to offer coupons, and how are you going to offer that for FE? You have to have a schedule of rebating available to everyone or it is illegal here in FL. In most states, they don't allow rebating.

Thats the problem with the Valpak, you are supposed to offer coupons, and how are you going to offer that for FE? You have to have a schedule of rebating available to everyone or it is illegal here in FL. In most states, they don't allow rebating.

Offer a free will kit, or a free end of life planning guide, etc.

Has anyone tried using valpak or money mailer to market guaranteed issue life final expense?

Don't do it...I spent 1200 to reach 30000 homes for 2 months straight. I had 2 calls. One from a radio station who saw the ad and wanted to know if I would like to avertise with them and another I sold about 1300 gross in insurance . So my 1200 dollar investment got me back 156 dollars in commissions. So it was a 1000 dollar loss. I called many of the other companies in the Pac and they all had similar responses. People just throw it away with the other junk mail.

Don't do it...I spent 1200 to reach 30000 homes for 2 months straight. I had 2 calls. One from a radio station who saw the ad and wanted to know if I would like to avertise with them and another I sold about 1300 gross in insurance . So my 1200 dollar investment got me back 156 dollars in commissions. So it was a 1000 dollar loss. I called many of the other companies in the Pac and they all had similar responses. People just throw it away with the other junk mail.

Since he made this post in 2012 I'm pretty sure he has either tried them already or is out of the business.

I was thinking about this the other day, I actually like going through the pack every now and again and I ended up getting a service through it this week. I got my air ducts cleaned for $180, but I don't think I saw a single insurance add in them any time I've looked.

I met with my local ValPak rep. Did not use the service but thought he made a valid point. His recommendation was to use for a 9 month period and target auto insurance so you catch people on their renewal at some point. He did not encourage me to use the mailings for life insurance.

Back