Valpak to Market Final Expense

I doubt it would be as effective since they go to the general population but these are not as expensive?

Since they are not targeted they most likely are more expensive on a per lead basis.

I did the Rx bag advertisement last year and the only thing I got was a hole in my bank account.

In the past I had moderate success with targeted ads in senior publications. You need to commit to at least 6 months, running the same ad, to learn if it is effective or not.

I quit after 3.

Looking at the ads that are repeated each month, and going back a year or more, you get an idea of what works, what doesn't.

As for ValpPak or any other print advertising, it helps if you can look at back issues (12 - 18 months) and see which ads repeat. You can bet the repeat ads are working for that product or service.

If you don't see any life insurance ads, or the only ones you see have Alex Trebek in them (carrier ads) you probably want to seek out another way to advertise.

Since they are not targeted they most likely are more expensive on a per lead basis.

I did the Rx bag advertisement last year and the only thing I got was a hole in my bank account.

In the past I had moderate success with targeted ads in senior publications. You need to commit to at least 6 months, running the same ad, to learn if it is effective or not.

I quit after 3.

Looking at the ads that are repeated each month, and going back a year or more, you get an idea of what works, what doesn't.

As for ValpPak or any other print advertising, it helps if you can look at back issues (12 - 18 months) and see which ads repeat. You can bet the repeat ads are working for that product or service.

If you don't see any life insurance ads, or the only ones you see have Alex Trebek in them (carrier ads) you probably want to seek out another way to advertise.

Good advice. I haven't seen any insurance ads in our Valpak or the other one but neither one of these have been in our market in several years. As far as the direct mail I would say we average about two pieces per week but the mailers I get are mostly for seminars.

I looked into it a little and apparently val pack will let you target age ranges like 50-70. I think its only about 300 bucks for 10000 pieces. So if im thinking if I drop 20000 pieces and get a .25% response rate. thats 50 responses, if I close 25% with an average premium of 600 a year well you can do the math...

I might just start with 10000 for a couple hundred bucks just to test the waters and see what happens.

My ValPack has pizza, home improvement, oil change and sometimes carrier placed major med info. Don't recall ever seeing an insurance agency.

Good luck.

I looked into it a little and apparently val pack will let you target age ranges like 50-70. I think its only about 300 bucks for 10000 pieces. So if im thinking if I drop 20000 pieces and get a .25% response rate. thats 50 responses, if I close 25% with an average premium of 600 a year well you can do the math...

I might just start with 10000 for a couple hundred bucks just to test the waters and see what happens.

Even a .25% sounds optimistic, but for a few hundred bucks I'd figure it'd be worth trying.

I think Ill just word like any other final expense mailer... I.E "the government only pays $225 for funeral expenses make sure you dont burden your family, no health questions blah blah blah" etc...

ive sent out a final expense post card mailer before and got a bout a .75 to 1% response rate so I figure if the valpak mailer is worded similarly and im sending out 10k instead of 1k pieces I dont see how I can lose. Especially if I recoup my investment with one sale.

We've got a local guy thats been doing the valpak for home insurance in my town. He's done it for about a year, so i'd think it must be working for that market.

Got a buddy that owns a auto shop, he does very well with it, but I feel like it's more targeted for that market.

Back