Who else Thinks Direct Mail is Become Outdated?

I know it's expensive and with only probably a 1% call back rate doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather just get email addresses and market to them and send them through my sales funnel through emails.

I would however send postcards to specific people, example new client or a referral.

Direct mail may be outdated for some markets and products but it is used almost exclusive to reach the FE and Med Sup markets. If we did not have the DNC regulations you would not see nearly as much DM. The DNC regulations keeps DM afloat.

Last edited:
I know it's expensive and with only probably a 1% call back rate doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather just get email addresses and market to them and send them through my sales funnel through emails.

That's because you're an internet marketer.

Thousands of agents do very well from direct mail including entire agencies.

Thank you for admitting you are affiliated with online marketing...No further questions at this time

Please explain how Josh's post does anything but further solidify the argument that direct mail is still an effective marketing technique?

Please explain how Josh's post does anything but further solidify the argument that direct mail is still an effective marketing technique?

Seems like many of the FE and MS/MA agents are still making it work quite profitably.. Some of the most knowledgeable producers on the forum still use direct mail...Seems we are always in a hurry to pronounce the demise of things that haven't yet passed away.. Had a fellow and his wife that were shocked to see me Saturday.. They said, "We were told you died a few months ago".. :shocked: I'm still kicking and so is direct mail... Maybe neither of us work quite as well as in the past but we both still produce decent results (I hope):yes:

Back