54 YO Male Forklift Operator

chindel

I'm not holding out much hope. My two go tos are Illinois Mutual and Principal. I'm currently checking with them but Illinois is only competitive on 2-year and Principal won't underwrite him. Anybody know of an age-65 policy that'll underwrite someone like this? Also, he's a smoker but I don't know if that matters for DI. Thanks!

I'm not holding out much hope. My two go tos are Illinois Mutual and Principal. I'm currently checking with them but Illinois is only competitive on 2-year and Principal won't underwrite him. Anybody know of an age-65 policy that'll underwrite someone like this? Also, he's a smoker but I don't know if that matters for DI. Thanks!

What do you mean "is only competitive on the 2 year"?
They will only write him for 2 years of benefits? Or the 2 year option is the only one in his price range?

Try Assurity.

Thanks. I'll check out Assurity. No, I mean Illinois Mutual specializes in 2-year benefit policies and is typically much more expensive than even Principal (which is a better policy IMO) for an age-65 policy.

Thanks. I'll check out Assurity. No, I mean Illinois Mutual specializes in 2-year benefit policies and is typically much more expensive than even Principal (which is a better policy IMO) for an age-65 policy.

That is true. But when it is the only option it is the only one that is competitive ;)

Assurity plays in the blue collar market. You could try Met or Ameritas, but they both are geared more towards the white collar market, same as Principle. So is Guardian and Ohio National. Im not sure how Mass handles blue collar...

There is always Peteren Int, but they probably will come in around what Illinois Mutual does. But it will be a better policy most likely...

Assurity doesn't do age-65 policies. At least not according to their website. I'll check out Mass and Peteren Int. Never heard of them. Thanks.

Assurity will write to age-65 and age-67 policies, it just depends on the occupation class for whether or not they offer it.

Back