Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Disability Insurance Forum

Reply to Advice for Long Term Disability?     
Old 08-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #1

State: cmcc77 is an Insurance Agent from
Advice for Long Term Disability? Advice for Long Term Disability?
i'm looking to get a long term disability policy but dont' know where to begin. I have lots of questions, lol. what's the best way to go about it? what are the options / costs / benefits? what is a good company to go with? do i need an agent? what considerations and future expenses should i think about in choosing? what about health insurance if i'm disabled and can't work? if i become disabled, am i insurable? what about long term care insurance in conjunction?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Advice for Long Term Disability?

Old 08-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Advice for Long Term Disability? Re: Advice for Long Term Disability?
Originally Posted by cmcc77 View Post
i'm looking to get a long term disability policy but dont' know where to begin. I have lots of questions, lol. what's the best way to go about it? what are the options / costs / benefits? what is a good company to go with? do i need an agent? what considerations and future expenses should i think about in choosing? what about health insurance if i'm disabled and can't work? if i become disabled, am i insurable? what about long term care insurance in conjunction?
Start here: https://highincomeprotection.com/you...ity-insurance/

Disclaimer...this is my website.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
Expert

State: kpbdy99 is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Yes, you need an agent. Find a good, independent agent you can work with who can answer all of your questions, compare several different companies' products, and make sure you get the best coverage based on your specific needs and circumstances. Call some local FEE-ONLY financial planners, and ask them if htey have any agents they routinely refer their clients to for disability coverage.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
Expert

State: eersfan is an Insurance Agent from
What is your current occupation?
Reply to Advice for Long Term Disability? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Disability Insurance Forum