Assurity's DI

Dgolden I cant disagree. just count on about half of all di cases u submit to be declined.

I have been thinking about applying to get some for awhile now. I have a buddy at Northwestern who presented the Assurity product to me. Apparently Northwestern doesn't like to underwrite self employed insurance agents.

I guess Assurity wants 2 years of tax returns, etc. I guess we are looking at another product today that has easier underwriting that can offer a "young professional" rate.

I have been thinking about applying to get some for awhile now. I have a buddy at Northwestern who presented the Assurity product to me. Apparently Northwestern doesn't like to underwrite self employed insurance agents.

I guess Assurity wants 2 years of tax returns, etc. I guess we are looking at another product today that has easier underwriting that can offer a "young professional" rate.

I'd fire your NW buddy. While everyone does want proof of income, Mass, ONFS and numerous others love insurance agents who are making decent income. I have a hard time imagining how Assurity would be a better choice for an insurance agent than your typical while collar carriers.

Just off the top of my head, Mass, ONFS, The Standard, Principal and Guardian could all be a good choice. Your occ class will vary some based on your time in business and income. As I recall, Mass and I believe most others will increase your occ class later on once you can show time in the business and increased income, without new health underwriting. Combine that with FIO and that is a pretty strong policy.

Back