Beautician DI Policy

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
I have a prospect who pays $78/mo for a DI policy that she says covers her hands/arms. She runs a hail/nail salon. I honestly dont know anything about DI. She says it will pay her $42k0/wk if she "breaks her arm or something" her words quoting her agent. Is this a good price for this policy? Could I replace it?

Female
01/27/69
5'2"
104 lbs
Indiana

Get a copy of the policy. If she can't find it, call the carrier and order a new one...then show it to someone who can help you interpret it.

If you don't know a niche, talk to someone who does...anything less will be a disservice to your client.

That's why I posted on here. :biggrin: Ill get a copy of the policy.

A few thoughts:

Replacing DI contracts is a tough business. There's little room to save a now older insured any money on the benefits with most DI contracts.

She's a beautician, meaning she belongs to an occ class that is difficult to cover with individual DI.

If you get the policy, we can certainly help you interpret it, but I'd keep my expectations in line with doing little more than being able to explain what she has to her a little better than it sounds like the writing agent did.

The only time it pays to replace a policy (be it life,health, or disability) is if you can improve on the contract itself. Ifprice is the issue, there is probably no room to move. Remember, the bestdisability policy to have is the one that is inforce at the time of aclaim. Even if it has poor definitions, it is probably better thannothing.

Back