Best LTD Choice.........

Are those happy MoO clients white collar professionals currently on disability claim? If not then your point is moot.

The fact that Own Occ is a Rider or isnt a Rider does not matter, the definition of disability which is not as strong as Guardian or Ameritas is the main issue. But when things are a rider and not part of the base policy it usually starts to increase the premium vs. policies that include it.

Even MoOs own DI marketing materials say that the product is for middle market clients and not high end clients. This thread is about lawyers earning $300k per year...

Another key point is that MoO is just Guaranteed Renewable and Guardian is Non-Can.

But a DI policy is only as good as the definition of disability and how it relates to the insured.

And if you are selling on cost then you are doing your clients and yourself a huge disservice. Sell value & quality, not price. A DI policy with a definition of disability that does not fit the client is worthless no matter what the premium is.

But other than Own Occ, there is:
Presumptive Disability Provisions
Catastrophic Disability Provisions
Future Increase Options
Cola options
Auto benefit enhancement
Waiver of Elimination
Waiver of premium
Residual Benefits
Non-Cancellable or just Guaranteed Renewable
Conditionally Renewable after benefit period

And on every one of those issues Guardian has a more comprehensive option than MoO. Some of those MoO does not even offer.

Are you a MoO agent??

x2 on all of this. You can ask Guardian for a side-by-side comparison of the two products to see the specific differences.

Another key point is that MoO is just Guaranteed Renewable and Guardian is Non-Can.

Are you a MoO agent??

White coat investor (can't post link) article makes a very strong point that Non-Cancellable isn't a critical feature or even worth it. Thoughts?

Is Noncancelable Really Worth It? | The White Coat Investor- Investing And Personal Finance Information For Physicians, Dentists, Residents, Students, And Other Highly-Educated Busy Professional

Yes, I'm a captive agent with MoO and less than a year in the business so it's hard for me to learn where MoO falls short - which leads me to have less confidence in the product overall.

I'm going to go through that list, point by point, see which of those options make a substantial difference, and why it matters more for one occupation vs another. Hope you are game.

White coat investor (can't post link) article makes a very strong point that Non-Cancellable isn't a critical feature or even worth it. Thoughts?

Is Noncancelable Really Worth It? | The White Coat Investor- Investing And Personal Finance Information For Physicians, Dentists, Residents, Students, And Other Highly-Educated Busy Professional

Yes, I'm a captive agent with MoO and less than a year in the business so it's hard for me to learn where MoO falls short - which leads me to have less confidence in the product overall.

I'm going to go through that list, point by point, see which of those options make a substantial difference, and why it matters more for one occupation vs another. Hope you are game.

I did see that article a while back. Basically it is a Financial Advisor who says that people should save the money on Non-Can and invest the difference. Basically the DI version of buy term and invest the difference... which is known to experienced agents as buy term and spend the difference...

The only carrier that has medical specific language for definition of disability that offers GR is Standard and I think Ameritas.

Usually it is around a 10%-20% difference in premium depending on age and the carrier. But that is for the carriers that offer the choice. Guardian is pretty competitive with their policy even against GR policies. Especially considering the other features.

As to the other features I mentioned in the previous post. They matter, some more than others. I suggest you do your research as I have. The best way to learn something is to research it yourself and learn it on your own.

Back