DI For Rn Who Makes House Calls?

SCBroker

Hi,

I have a tough case so I wanted to bring it to the experts. ;) The person is an Rn who makes house calls for her employer, a non hospital local disability service provider. I have checked with all of my sources and everyone tells me you can't write a nurse who makes house calls.

Do any of you know any different?

Thanks for the feedback!

I deal with a few carriers who can, but I would need more information about her exact duties, if they are all performed in patient homes, and if she is an RN.

If the income is decent and there is persistency, there are a few sources around. I suggest that you contact your friendly neighborhood DI brokerage shop who has a selection of carriers and the knowledge to get what you need.

Good luck

Yes, please do share which carrier will accept a visiting RN or therapist. I have received a referral to a therapist that was rated-up due to visiting patients' homes. I am looking to find a carrier that will accept her at a reasonable occupation class.

Hi,

The Standard offered her 5k/ month with "old fashion" underwriting. Contact me if you want the GA I am working with. Our office doesn't write DI very often. When we do the policies are usually placed with Guardian. However, in this case they would not offer coverage to the Rn since she makes house calls. Guardian did say that if she spent 100% of her time in a hospital they could create a proposal for her.

It really pays to think out of the box. I am a younger agent (5+ years) who has been mentored by a 30+ year vet in the business. There is an "established" best way of doing things. However, this agents on this board have taught me that there is more than one way to solve a clients problem. If I did not do the research and check with "other" options we would have told the client she was not insurable.

Back