Fact Finder

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Anyone have a short DI fact finder or quote sheet they use? and would not mind sharing? I have one for Life but am starting to look for cross selling opportunities.

Thanks

I would like for Life and one for Health.

There is a nice filliable one one the ILIAA.org site I don't know if tomorrows free webinar will give you access to it. I am sure you can ask Nick during the Q&A
I have the cobbled one I use. I can fax it to you if you like.
PM me if you like.

Not sure it'll really works with DI. If client wants a quick figure, 3-5% of their gross income is a good estimate.

In terms of fact finder.

Do you have di?

If yes three questions...

1.) When do benefits begin?

2.) How much do you get?

3. How long do they last?

No one knows the answer to these 3 questions, yet they often tell me they are all set b/c they have something through work. :no:

Not sure it'll really works with DI. If client wants a quick figure, 3-5% of their gross income is a good estimate.

In terms of fact finder.

Do you have di?

2.) How much do you get?

No one knows the answer to these 3 questions, yet they often tell me they are all set b/c they have something through work. :no:

4.) What is the group DI's definition of disability? Your occupation or any occupation?

5.) Is there a residual (partial) DI benefit?

6.) What is the limit to how much of your income will they cover?

7.) Is the DI employer-paid or employee paid (taxable benefit vs. tax-free)

8.) Do retirement contributions continue when you're on disability? Would you like them to?

In a nutshell, group DI is a good start. However, in many cases, it is woefully inadequate. Like a life case, take an app, schedule the paramed, get them underwritten first. IDI is trickier to be approved for than life insurance, so there really isn't a point to talk about premium other than the aforementioned "3-5% of your gross for full coverage".

Those are good openers. Simple and direct. I may add those to client mailings.

Do you have a quote sheet you use. list of questions you ask IE..DOB, Occ, Income?

Thanks,

In terms of fact finder.

Do you have di?

2.) How much do you get?

The best fact finder for DI is an application! However, if you're faced with a situation where, say, you've cold walked someone and you don't know which company to use, get their occupation and duties, gross income (if an employee) or NET income (if they're a business owner), and smoking status. Speak with your friendly DI wholesaler who can recommend a company, then take that company's app out and get it filled out!

You'll need income, age, occupation, and current coverage. When it comes to occupation, description of duties is more helpful than simply a job title.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you want a good opener, my favorite is...

"Could you afford to retire tomorrow?"

If there answer is no, they need DI

Last edited:
Back