Great Article and Tactic for Disability

Prudential's monthly lump benefit triggers are 2 adls. I always told DI customers if you become disabled you will trigger two of the adls

It sounds like it is time to brush up on what ADLs are. There are plenty of people who meet the definition of disability for a DI policy yet they can still perform all their ADLs.

It sounds like it is time to brush up on what ADLs are. There are plenty of people who meet the definition of disability for a DI policy yet they can still perform all their ADLs.

I used it mostly for LTD. THe manager that trained me in that system made the point if someone was disabled for the long haul it was more serious than being out for a few months

I used it mostly for LTD. THe manager that trained me in that system made the point if someone was disabled for the long haul it was more serious than being out for a few months

And your manager would be wrong.

I have known people on SSDI for over 20 years. They don't need any help with their ADLs, but they still qualify as disabled.

Even if you never get sued over it, you have been giving people wrong information. Hopefully they never have to find out how wrong you were about this.

Only a presumptive disability (Catastrophic) is linked or "triggered" by not being able to perform 1 or more ADL's. IDI and GLTD benefits are based on the policies definition of disability. Defined as the inability to preform the substantial and material duties of your occupation (or your own occupation) at the time of illness or injury that causes the disability.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey, PCB I don't get it? From my very first post you have been very aggressive towards me. Why don't you post your name and credentials if you think you're so knowledgeable. I guess that "guru" title has gone to your head. BTW- Can I get a quote for car insurance? Ha ha ha It wasn't difficult to find out who you are.

Last edited:
deadhead said:
Prudential's monthly lump benefit triggers are 2 adls. I always told DI customers if you become disabled you will trigger two of the adls

First I am not argueing with you but reality could come back to bite you. I have seen surgeons out on claim and they would not meet two ADLs.

First I am not argueing with you but reality could come back to bite you. I have seen surgeons out on claim and they would not meet two ADLs.

I am going to argue with him. I have known people who qualified for disability, but didn't need help with a single ADL.

Mick:

To my knowledge, I've never, ever responded negatively to anything you've typed. I'm baffled by your assertion that I've been aggressive towards you. Please cut and paste anything I've ever said to you.
I did facetiously respond (with two letters) to someone who wanted to know what those myriad of letters meant.
Just trying to keep things light around here.

Last edited:
Steve,
you replied to the "disability over the phone" reply I posted rather harshly. 'm not going to cut and paste your comments because I don't live in the past and don't want to rehash any BS. I have a pretty good sense of humor and want to participate in healthy discussions about Disability Income Insurance. I will try to have a thicker skin and not take anything (including myself) too seriously.
Thank you,
Mickey

Mickey2,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVISE... I was able to pivot today and changed a potential clients thought. Ohh wait CLIENT NOW you da Man Mickey2.. Give me a shout @ [email protected] some folks in this thread are getting overboard... Thanks again..

Back