How is American National Insurance

jokaec

On the ads, I saw the life insurance of American National Insurance may cover both disabilities and long term care without any additional charge. Is what I understand above correct and is it reliable company? Is it good option for providing the coverage of disabilities and long term care?

I can't comment on what their life insurance does or does not include. However, I don't have anything bad to say about American National. They aren't as widely known as most of the other captive insurance companies, but I've never talked with one of their insureds that's had anything negative to say. I used them for several years for home, auto, and term life. A good overall experience.

ANICO does NOT offer any kind of "Disability" insurance.

Independent Marketing Group of American National

ANICO's life insurance offers 3 "Living Benefit" riders which may or may not be available in your state. In California, the only one available is the "Terminal Illness" accelerated benefit... and every company offers that in CA. The other two are a "Critical Illness" (heart attack, stroke, cancer) and a "Chronic Illness" (LTC-type) rider that pays when such an incident occurs.

Neither of these are "disability insurance".

One advantage of their annuities is that ANICO offers a waiver of surrender charges in the event of disability... but, like above, is also depending on the state you are in.

Back