Key Person DI Available in New York?

I work for a BGA that represents all 3 of those agency's and Key person is not on any of their platform. Maybe they are available to their captive agents.

Its not a specifically labelled key person product. But their normal individual DI can be sold as a business owned key person policy. Just like pretty much any life insurance policy out there can be sold as a key person policy.

Guardian even offers a lump sum option which is perfect for a business policy. I think Mass offers it as well if I remember correctly.

Its not a specifically labelled key person product. But their normal individual DI can be sold as a business owned key person policy. Just like pretty much any life insurance policy out there can be sold as a key person policy.

Guardian even offers a lump sum option which is perfect for a business policy. I think Mass offers it as well if I remember correctly.

I understand now. The only thing I do not like about doing that is that will count as inforce coverage when they are looking for personal coverage.

So the Guardian policy pays the business a lump sum and/or monthly benefit in the event of a DI claim on a key person?

I was under the impression that only Principal and Northwestern had those policies (and of course Lloyds/Petersen, as noted above.)

So the Guardian policy pays the business a lump sum and/or monthly benefit in the event of a DI claim on a key person?

I was under the impression that only Principal and Northwestern had those policies (and of course Lloyds/Petersen, as noted above.)

Yes, Guardian has a lump sum payment rider that provides a Lump Sum Benefit Amount equal to 35% of all Total Disability and/or Residual Disability Benefits paid under the Policy at the Policy Expiration Date.

Like I mentioned before, this is an individual policy and will affect what the client would be able to cover himself for.

Back