Long-Term Disability Needed in PA

FireDragon

Expert
I don't sell LTD insurance, but my wife has PTSD from a trauma 10 years ago (no loss of work because of it) and I'm trying to find a policy for her (to retirement). She is a teacher and makes $50,000/yr (age 31). We live in PA and I could use some advice or someone who sells LTD through multiple markets to get a policy issued. I would like one for myself too but I have a more complicated medical history.

I don't sell LTD insurance, but my wife has PTSD from a trauma 10 years ago (no loss of work because of it) and I'm trying to find a policy for her (to retirement). She is a teacher and makes $50,000/yr (age 31). We live in PA and I could use some advice or someone who sells LTD through multiple markets to get a policy issued. I would like one for myself too but I have a more complicated medical history.

She won't be able to get an age-65 benefit with anyone. You might be able to get a 5-year benefit period with Petersen depending on the history and any current treatment, but there will be a mental health exclusion with everyone. If she has federal or state disability retirement benefits, she won't qualify for much of a benefit based on income and the group coverage/retirement benefits. Her only options are probably Fidelity Security's graded coverage or Petersen. Sounds like a pretty tough case. You can give me a call at 702 four 7 six 38 zero 5 if you want to check out what her options might be.

Have you checked into what your school district offers? Usually there is a group policy offered with less underwriting and payroll deduction. Mine has had a LTD policy via Washington National for 38 years. Offered through HR.

Check there first, might be your best source.

Back