Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Disability Insurance Forum

Reply to Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself.     
Old 04-06-2017, 03:54 PM   #11
Guru
VolAgent on Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself.

State: VolAgent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
VolAgent is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself. Re: Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself.
Originally Posted by NWBenefitProvider View Post
Scant83 - Is the Mutual of Omaha STD plan available for a single person? I just haven't come across any companies offering a stand alone STD plan for an individual other than AFLAC. As I mentioned, I don't think it is a great benefit in most cases, but am certainly willing to expand my horizon if there are other carriers that offer a better product.

As for your recommendation for Guardian, they certainly are one of the best out there, but I often use them for specialty like surgeons, urologists, etc. It seems like it might be a bit overkill for a non specialty occupation like insurance agent. I guess if you have the money and want the best of the best it is great, but I believe other carriers have started to nip away at the Guardian differential.
Are you familiar with Ameritas, and if so what is your opinion?

------------------------------------
You can pay the premium or you can own the loss.
  Reply With Quote to Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:45 AM   #12
Guru
bpenn9 on Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself.

State: bpenn9 is an Insurance Agent from Utah
Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself.
Originally Posted by NWBenefitProvider View Post

Scant83 - Is the Mutual of Omaha STD plan available for a single person? I just haven't come across any companies offering a stand alone STD plan for an individual other than AFLAC. As I mentioned, I don't think it is a great benefit in most cases, but am certainly willing to expand my horizon if there are other carriers that offer a better product.

As for your recommendation for Guardian, they certainly are one of the best out there, but I often use them for specialty like surgeons, urologists, etc. It seems like it might be a bit overkill for a non specialty occupation like insurance agent. I guess if you have the money and want the best of the best it is great, but I believe other carriers have started to nip away at the Guardian differential.
Would u recommend Guardian for a chiropractor? Also, these "hybrid" life with DI built in, are those a better then nothing solution?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself.
Reply to Looking for a Disabillity Plan for Myself. 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Disability Insurance Forum