MetLife Suspends IDI Sales

Makes sense. Typically individual DI is sold by agents, and if their agents are now with MassMutual, they'll probably sell MassMutual DI, not Met Life.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall there ever being a thread on this forum discussing Met Life DI? We've talked about MassMutual, Guardian, Mutual of Omaha, Assurity, and I'm sure a few others, but I don't recall any discussion of Met Life.

I wonder how competitive they really were?

Makes sense. Typically individual DI is sold by agents, and if their agents are now with MassMutual, they'll probably sell MassMutual DI, not Met Life.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall there ever being a thread on this forum discussing Met Life DI? We've talked about MassMutual, Guardian, Mutual of Omaha, Assurity, and I'm sure a few others, but I don't recall any discussion of Met Life.

I wonder how competitive they really were?

They were pretty competitive at the 5/6 occ classes. Of course, their CA product was weak so you didn't miss much.

California barely has any companies left in the DI marketplace:
- MassMutual
- Guardian
- Mutual of Omaha
- Assurity
- And I'm not sure about Principal...

But everyone else has essentially left the CA DI marketplace.

California barely has any companies left in the DI marketplace:
- MassMutual
- Guardian
- Mutual of Omaha
- Assurity
- And I'm not sure about Principal...

But everyone else has essentially left the CA DI marketplace.

Principal has a solid plan in CA along with some great discount plans.

Also, the Standard that has some excellent products and is available in CA.

Frankly, there aren't a ton of DI carriers in any state.

They had great benefits and the best rates for a lot of physician occupations, sold a bunch of Income Guard since it was introduced....sucks, more business for Guardian now.

Back