Mutual of Omaha LTD Claims Experience

KaseyNM

Expert
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had experiences with MoO LTD claims. I have a client who wants the DI, but is really riding the fence because he's afraid if he ever has a claim, the company will try to deny it.

Google searches turn up the usual scamalert.crap.com websites, so I haven't found anything useful yet, but I can purchase "Mutual of Omaha LTD claims" at Target.com, which is nice. LOL

This is only my second DI policy I'm applying for with MoO, so anyone's personal experiences would be great.

As long as the criteria for them to pay a claim are met they're great at paying out. People get upset because they think they can get in a small car accident, sprain their wrist, call in sick for a month and make a claim on a policy that lapsed 6 months ago because they didn't pay the premium. That's not how it works.

So long as the policy is in force and the conditions in the contract are met, I haven't seen any issues where they didn't pay promptly. Full disclosure - I'm at rep at MOO.

Thanks! I figured as much, they have a good rep.
I'm just trying to be as educated as I can.

What you need... is a piece that shows a carrier's actual claim history and reasons for the claims.

Here's one from The Standard. For "extra credit" you can also point out the ones that would also qualify as a LTC event or even a critical illness claim.

Attachments

• 14319 - Recent Claims - The Standard DI.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 6
Back