Oral Diabetes & wants a Non Medical with Disability

dvd493

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does anyone know who would approve a non medical policy for a man age 50 and wife age 49 both have diabetes and take oral medication for it. Both controlled and not applied for insurance in the last 5 years.

They both have life insurance through work but wanted another policy on there own. It can be a stand alone disability but, I think that will cost to much. They will also take a life insurance policy that has a disability rider attached.

I don't know if its possible to have a non med with this or not. Any companies that would approve them non med or med will work. Who can I look into for this? Thanks for the help.

dvd493 said:
Does anyone know who would approve a non medical policy for a man age 50 and wife age 49 both have diabetes and take oral medication for it. Both controlled and not applied for insurance in the last 5 years.

They both have life insurance through work but wanted another policy on there own. It can be a stand alone disability but, I think that will cost to much. They will also take a life insurance policy that has a disability rider attached.

I don't know if its possible to have a non med with this or not. Any companies that would approve them non med or med will work. Who can I look into for this? Thanks for the help.

Here is a good resource for DI insurance:
http://www.disabilityinsuranceforums.com/

James,

That website is amazing. I think all my questions will be answered here.

Thank You, :)

dvd493 said:
James,

That website is amazing. I think all my questions will be answered here.

Thank You, :)

There is some good people there, one of them gave me my start in voluntary plans and DI. Good Luck!

arnguy said:
dvd493, as I indicated on another thread on the same question, you should contact Illinois Mutual and Assurity. They both offer DI coverage to impaired risks.

I did look into Illinois Mutual and have one of my GA's going to get appointed with them so I can also.

Thanks Arnguy!

Non exam will not eliminate the need for the carrier to obtain your medical records and as others have pointed out, these carriers who offer a graded benefit, charge more to cover your issues and only do so for a five year BP.
Why not send your records to a mainline carrier and see what kind of an offer can be made?
Larry

honestly, I think their best bet is to hide among a guaranteed issue group plan. Individually I don't know of any carrier that will not underwrite a "good" di policy. If you want shi-te, you might find it.

I'm a type II with oral meds and there are just too many possibilities of different illness to occur with diabetes. from blindness to amputation and organ failure. You might be doing alot for nothing. Find out what they will commit $$wise towards a premium.

With a lot of type II's after all the footwork they bag it because of premium cost when things come back.

Basically I'm 50 and everybody else being treated in my Doc's office are in their 70's and 80's. Expect that type of pricing too. Age em about 20 years for premium ballpark.

Good luck. We can't help everybody. Thank God I bought my stuff when I was young and stupid and had no need.

Back