Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Disability Insurance Forum

Reply to Professional Group Coverage (competition) ???     
Old 06-01-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
Super Genius

State: Mike Siegal is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Professional Group Coverage (competition) ??? Professional Group Coverage (competition) ???
Hi friends,

I was talking to a friend who is a "retired" Physical Therapist and she claims she purchased a DI policy through a group that was 30% (or more) cheaper than an outside agent. Assuming that's true and this is your competition, how that works;
  • -Are there groups companies that write DI for specific professions?
  • -If so, how much cheaper are they and who can Join?
  • -What are the strengths/weaknesses of those "professional group policies?"

I do so appreciate any constructive input you can give and THANKS!

~M
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Professional Group Coverage (competition) ???

Old 06-03-2017, 03:12 AM   #2
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Professional Group Coverage (competition) ???
Originally Posted by Mike Siegal View Post
Hi friends,

I was talking to a friend who is a "retired" Physical Therapist and she claims she purchased a DI policy through a group that was 30% (or more) cheaper than an outside agent. Assuming that's true and this is your competition, how that works;

[*]-Are there groups companies that write DI for specific professions?[*]-If so, how much cheaper are they and who can Join?[*]-What are the strengths/weaknesses of those "professional group policies?"

I do so appreciate any constructive input you can give and THANKS!

~M
Write Standard for Physical Therapists...their occ class is much higher than the competition.

I would be willing to bet that your client just got a Principal policy with a multi-life discount (not GSI).

Women get huge discounts on these policies because they are typically unisex.

I hope that this helps.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Super Genius

State: Mike Siegal is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Professional Group Coverage (competition) ??? Re: Professional Group Coverage (competition) ??? Mike Siegal is the thread starter for: Professional Group Coverage (competition) ???

Originally Posted by Tahoe Ray View Post
Write Standard for Physical Therapists...their occ class is much higher than the competition.

I would be willing to bet that your client just got a Principal policy with a multi-life discount (not GSI).

Women get huge discounts on these policies because they are typically unisex.

I hope that this helps.
Hi Ray,

question: You are saying that PT got a "individual plan" with a multi-life discount (insuring the family)? ----rather than a industry plan from a specialized provider?

Thanks Ray!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #4
Guru

State: Tahoe Ray is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Tahoe Ray is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Professional Group Coverage (competition) ???
Originally Posted by Mike Siegal View Post

Hi Ray,

question: You are saying that PT got a "individual plan" with a multi-life discount (insuring the family)? ----rather than a industry plan from a specialized provider?

Thanks Ray!
Several carries offer multi-life discounts where the only qualification is a common employer.

Typically you're looking at three people with the same company.

They are not group plans and are fully underwritten (possibly simplified if benefits are low enough) but allow for a discount plus unisex rates.

This is big for women...

----------

By the way, there are association discounts offered by carriers/agents who have relationships with various groups...
Reply to Professional Group Coverage (competition) ??? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Disability Insurance Forum