Short Term and Long Term DI

donpalomo

Looking for a good company to contract with to offer short term disability. I sell Aflac but it requires a payroll deduction. Any one know of any good companies.

Take a look at Mutual of Omaha. I don't do short term but I'm pretty sure they offer it.

Most flexible product with most included benefits for the most competitive premium. Can issue Non-Can or Gtd Renewable classes A to 6A with benefit period of 2 years to age 70. Some of the included extra benefits: accident benefit, good health benefit, cobra, partial disability, etc. They are also the only carrier with a Lump Sum DI product.

What is their definition of disability? Please post word for word.

Doesn't matter what a policy claims it will pay or how long it will pay if you don't meet the definition of disability.

Disability contracts are only as good as their definition of disability. If that sucks, so does the policy.

TOTAL DISABILITY. Total disability or totally disabled means that due to a sickness or injury, in and
of itself, you are not able to perform the material and substantial duties of your occupation. Your
occupation means your occupation or occupations at the time disability began. If you are not employed
at that time, your occupation means any occupation you are able to do based on your education,
training and experience.

I have to agree that Ameritas has an excellent DI product. But in all fairness it is the old Union Central DI policy, just rebranded as Ameritas. I might be wrong, but I dont think Ameritas has done much to change the product... mostly because it was a great product.

Guardian DI is top notch too.

----------

They are also the only carrier with a Lump Sum DI product.

Ohio National offers a lump sum DI for buy/sell funding.

Principle used to, maybe they discontinued the product, I havent looked at it in a while.

Back