What Should I Be Selling?

i live in SC, work in SC, GA and NC. whats the best individual DI carrier to use for those NOT in a group.. right now, they only DI product i have is for group/business accounts..

thanks!

Your market will dictate the carrier you use in DI. Many are geared to white collar professionals, while others are for blue/gray collar.

What is your market?

I've used Assurity for my DI sales. I got my feet wet in this business canvassing small mom & pop business and blue collar self employed. I've had success writing their Acciflex product. Low premiums, quick app! The last app I wrote up was on the hood of car in a mechanic's shop. Got grease all over the app!

I've had a tougher time selling the traditional DI, but it takes a lot more skill to write those. I took out for myself the 2 year simplified DI product with a 90 day elimination period! Great Product! I wish I could sell more of those!

Last edited:
I've used Assurity for my DI sales. I got my feet wet in this business canvassing small mom & pop business and blue collar self employed. I've had success writing their Acciflex product. Low premiums, quick app! The last app I wrote up was on the hood of car in a mechanic's shop. Got grease all over the app!

I've had a tougher time selling the traditional DI, but it takes a lot more skill to write those. I took out for myself the 2 year simplified DI product with a 90 day elimination period! Great Product! I wish I could sell more of those!

Another option might be MoOs short term and accident only DI products have very short elimination periods downs to zero, seven and 14 days as well as 30 day and more.

Ameritas has a simplified issue product and Assurity's and Mutual's products are ok. Price will drive a lot of what you sell. The Ameritas product called the Fundamental is not very expensive and there is no exam. We like that one.

I agree with Ameritas. i have had a GA contract with them for years and for your market they can help a lot, also principal is very competitive not only with prices but contract and service.

if you would like me to tell you more about these companies that might be able to help you PM me anytime.

Just real quick because this is still fairly new and if agents haven't checked they might not know.

I've been selling Assurity for 10 years. They now do have DI that works for higher income clients...you can get up to $15000 a month for your higher end clients. Very nice competitive product.

Most these people do not need a zero elim period.

Back