White Collar Bus Owner

pfg1

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a prospect interested in DI covg. He owns a software developing / engineering business. Decent income prob $20k/mo give or take.

What companies should I look at? I don't do much in this area, not sure if there is a stand out leader for this guy. Excellent health, 50yrs old, in VA.

I'm contracted with ON and MoO, will check w them.
Thanks in advance!

ON wouldnt be bad to look at. Guardian is really the cream of the crop for white collar DI. But there are others that have excellent policies for while collar workers, like Ameritas, Assurity, Principle, Standard. Make sure you have Own-Occ on it at minimum. I would stay away from MoO for this case. My go to would probably be Guardian or Ameritas or Assurity.

The Standard is your other white collar carrier you'll need in your arsenal.

Met would have been good but DI sales have been suspended.

I also, agree with Guaradian.

True-Own occ. isn't necessarily 100% important - Modified Own-Occ or Trans. Occ will work fine.

Thanks guys. I ran ON, its pretty decent. Does anyone know how can I get a Guardian quote to see how they compare?

I went on their website and it has a basic quote tool for the general public, I did that but I'm sure its not completely accurate. Doesn't ask for enough info imo.

Yes, if you message or contact me, I can provide you with a quote as well as the other options. You can still sell MetLife, though I do not think them competitive in this arena, and don't forget Principal is also in the running for an executive of this nature.

What do you mean by that?

He means that Mass pays dividends on policies other than just WL. I dont think the DI starts receiving Dividends until year 5 if I remember correctly. It is simply an internal calculation though and does not build CV or anything. They say it can help to offset premiums.... but I have never come across someone with Mass DI that has had reductions in premiums due to dividends... hopefully it does happen though.

With the Discounts he means that Mass gives multi-policy discounts. So if you have a DI and a Life policy they will give you a 10% discount on each.

But when it comes to policy vs. policy from a benefits standpoint, Guardian beats Mass easily.

Just from what I can remember, Guardian has a stronger:

- Definition of Disability

- Residual Disability Benefit

- Waiver of Premium

- Waiver of Elim Period

- Occupational therapy and home modification benefit (Mass only covers therapy, no home mods at all)

- Auto increase rider

- Guardian also has more COLA options to choose from than Mass. So it is more customization for the situation and needs.

Guardian also offers a lump sum option and I dont think Mass offers that either.

Mass is a great carrier, especially for life and ltci. But Guardian beats their DI pretty much every day of the week without question. Same for The Standard. jmho

Back