7 Steps to Firing Clients Ethically

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Almost all of my existing clients are just fine. Rarely ask for anything and some even apologize for asking.

All of my PITA clients are either former, or they have learned their lesson.

Most of my detailed communication is by email. My choice. That way we both have a record.

One lady that almost became a client kept asking the same questions over and over. She would be going on Medicare in a few months and wanted to understand everything.

And she asked a LOT of questions.

Since it was email, all I did was copy and paste my earlier response below her question. It got so bad that for some of the emails I would say you asked this on 6/5 and 6/20. Here is the exchange.

This was a medically underwritten app and I had asked early on, and several times later, if she was in good health. Even sent her the medical questions and then discussed them by phone.

When she finally decided on a plan we submitted the application.

Seems she forgot about several medications that had been prescribed but she stopped taking. She also forgot she had been diagnosed with a heart condition. She forgot because she disagreed with the diagnosis and went doc shopping until she could find one that didn't do very many tests or ask too many questions.

Wasted a lot of time with her and finally fired her. Told her the only option was MA and I don't write those plans.

I hate it when people lie to me.

Back