California E&O Insurance

jdben92883

Hello...I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if this is a worn topic. I need to secure E&O insurance to write group and individual health policies. I have had a couple companies decline to send me a quote. I finally got one from the company (CRES) that has provided me E&O for finance and real estate and they came in at $3500/year!! I'm ONLY doing health insurance and others I've spoken to have mentioned premiums of $25-30/month...a long ways from $290/mo. Can anybody steer me in a better direction? Thanks!!

John

Hello...I'm new to the forum, so please forgive me if this is a worn topic. I need to secure E&O insurance to write group and individual health policies. I have had a couple companies decline to send me a quote. I finally got one from the company (CRES) that has provided me E&O for finance and real estate and they came in at $3500/year!! I'm ONLY doing health insurance and others I've spoken to have mentioned premiums of $25-30/month...a long ways from $290/mo. Can anybody steer me in a better direction? Thanks!!

John
Yeah, this should be an EASY question.

Apply for an appointment with Blue Shield and ask them where to get E&O. They have an affinity program wtih BCS. It's $460 per year.

Rick

You're correct. Cross won't appoint without an application but Shield will.

Rick

Really? That must be a new change (newer). When I got appointed with Shield it had to include an application just like Cross. Also, back then if you didn't write enough business with Shield, they would take back your book. I guess things have changed.

Thanks for the replies...I've applied with MGA via Blue Cross @ $460/year.
I assume you read all the forum rules. Because both Dave and I gave you good advice, you owe each of $100.

To make it easier for you, just send me $200. I'll get Dave's share to him later.

Rick

Back