Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents

Reply to E&O for Agent/agency     
Old 09-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
Pal

State: Pal is an Insurance Agent from
E&O for Agent/agency E&O for Agent/agency
Hi,
I am a new agent who has been licensed for Life&Health recently and planning to start my own agency(LLC). I will be the sole producer for the agency. Can anyone please let me know if I have to take E&O for me or agency.

Thanks in advance for your time...
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to E&O for Agent/agency
Old 09-29-2016, 05:52 AM   #2
Guru
goillini52 on E&O for Agent/agency

State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
E&O for Agent/agency Re: E&O for Agent/agency
Originally Posted by Pal View Post
Hi,
I am a new agent who has been licensed for Life&Health recently and planning to start my own agency(LLC). I will be the sole producer for the agency. Can anyone please let me know if I have to take E&O for me or agency.

Thanks in advance for your time...

You don't have to carry it unless the carriers you write for require it. It only runs about $40 a month and it's tax deductible. CYA!
Old 09-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #3
Guru

State: marindependent is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
E&O for Agent/agency Re: E&O for Agent/agency
You should speak with your lawyer and your E&O Insurance agent on this one.

However generally speaking as a One Person Agency, Your E&O policy would be listed with both your name and your Agency's name.

This however may be changed by the state that you are in and the differences in state laws. lastly check with your State Insurance regulator as to what they require.
Reply to E&O for Agent/agency 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents