E&O for Agent with Felony Conviction

roachpalace

I am currently a FE agent and writing for several carriers. I am trying to add a new carrier that requires me to have E & O insurance. I have been unable to find an E & O carrier that will accept me.

Does anyone have experience with this?
Where can I get E & O?

My charge is not finance or fraud related and i did not have much trouble getting my life license.

Thank you, but they have already denied me...

Did they initially deny you online?

OR after you submitted your payment, did they call later to say "we can't write you?

I know they have a felony question but not sure if that's grounds for automatic denial.

I have a felony conviction from way back (nothing to with insurance or fraud) and I check the block on Applications that that asks (did you ever commit a felony)and I have a extra sheet that I attach to the Application stating what the felony was about and that I have applied for a pardon) I have never been turned down. What they are looking for is agents in the Insurance business that has a felony related to Insurance.
I think that extra sheet of paper I attach does the trick because it tells them that it was some other kind of felony and also it is written on the papers I received at the end of the trial from the secretary with their Letterhead on it.:GEEK:

I use NAPA for my E & O. :GEEK:

----------

Last edited:
Have you tried "Hiscox?"
What state are you in?

My resident state is KY, I will try hiscox and follow up.

----------

Did they initially deny you online?

OR after you submitted your payment, did they call later to say "we can't write you?

I know they have a felony question but not sure if that's grounds for automatic denial.

I sent payment to NAPA and they said they couldn't write me and I couldn't appeal.

----------

I have a felony conviction from way back (nothing to with insurance or fraud) and I check the block on Applications that that asks (did you ever commit a felony)and I have a extra sheet that I attach to the Application stating what the felony was about and that I have applied for a pardon) I have never been turned down. What they are looking for is agents in the Insurance business that has a felony related to Insurance.
I think that extra sheet of paper I attach does the trick because it tells them that it was some other kind of felony and also it is written on the papers I received at the end of the trial from the secretary with their Letterhead on it.:GEEK:

I use NAPA for my E & O. :GEEK:

----------

I submitted court documents to NAPA with my application. They denied me and said I could not appeal. I am going to try Hiscox

My resident state is KY, I will try hiscox and follow up.

----------

I sent payment to NAPA and they said they couldn't write me and I couldn't appeal.

----------

I submitted court documents to NAPA with my application. They denied me and said I could not appeal. I am going to try Hiscox

You should try the forum sponsor too, eoforless.com. You may also have to look at the surplus market for E&O as well.

Well...my opinion is "the state licensed this man" and now EO is a problem. Obviously if the state issued him a license, they checked him out, his crime (whatever it was) wasn't related to financial white collar issues or involved stealing $. (my guess is probably DUI or some BS related to domestic violence).

The law is heavy handed these days and in many cases "unfair;" You can get in Big trouble real fast if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time (sigh).

Best of luck to OP in getting EO. I think Hiscox will write you....

Back