E/O Coverage----suspended?

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'M scratching my head on this one :err:

I was talking to a friend of mine who mentioned a case where an agent was being sued and his EO company was IN FACT defending him. (story was he sold a malpractice policy to some doctor who got sued for 5 million---someone died). ANYWAY, the agent had e/o coverage for 2 million (not sure what he did wrong---if anything). AND the attorney's are suing everyone (figures).

HOWEVER, i was told that he couldn't get E/O from any other carrier while the case is pending???

Is this BS or what? (i've never been sued but wat da hell?)

Not BS, but why would you be upset?

That's an interesting question. You mean you're not? So, another industry practitioner is DRAGGED through the mud over a lawsuit where he didn't have enough coverage---but that doesn't bother you??

Interesting...

NOT ME. If it happened to him, it could happen to anyone (including me). I do my best to stay outta trouble (do everything on the level, dot my i's cross my t's)), but agents make mistakes (that's why they get EO).

TRUTHFULLY, i don't believe the agent did anything wrong...its just some lawyers going after anyone and everyone to "shake them down"---that's the nature of the "lawsuit industry."

WHY DOES THAT MAKE YOU INDIFFERENT?

???

That's an interesting question. You mean you're not? So, another industry practitioner is DRAGGED through the mud over a lawsuit where he didn't have enough coverage---but that doesn't bother you??

Interesting...

NOT ME. If it happened to him, it could happen to anyone (including me). I do my best to stay outta trouble (do everything on the level, dot my i's cross my t's)), but agents make mistakes (that's why they get EO).

TRUTHFULLY, i don't believe the agent did anything wrong...its just some lawyers going after anyone and everyone to "shake them down"---that's the nature of the "lawsuit industry."

WHY DOES THAT MAKE YOU INDIFFERENT?

???

Will his current carrier renew his policy? If not, then yes I would be upset. As long as they will renew, I can't say I am surprised. In general, companies avoid insured's who have an open claim.

He probably could go to the E&S market, although it will be expensive.

Back