E&O Insurance, Do You Need to Purchase?

ozmo

Expert
Trying to escape captivity from Healthhmarkets wondering if that means I must purchase E&O insurance or if you go through GA or IMO if that might be included---if so who would you recommend?

If you get through a carrier, is it good for only that carrier or good across the board? do you know if that includes life too. Thanks for your response I will click around your site to see mre about the training you offer...

It's good across the board but if you get it through a carrier there's typically a discount. And E&O will cover all life & health but not cover P&C or financial products unless you purchase that type of E&O.

If your agency, or carrier, "furnishes" your E&O-- read that contract too. Parker & Asses furnished E&O, but with one caveat-- a $25,000 deductible...

I need to get E&O as well what company would everyone recommend? I am a member of IHIAA and can get it through them for a decent cost. The only thing I see that I don't like is it won't cover any company that has below a A- rating. Just looking for some recommendations as I am in the exact same boat as Ozmo and I finally saw the light thanks to some people on this forum and my close friends.

bump..can anyone suggest any good companies that are more flexible with ratings?

Vlade1212 can you pm me?

I have it through Marsh under the BCBS program. $460 per year $1M/$1M with a $1500 deductible.

Check with them and also with John's carrier for E&O (IHIAA) and ask them again about the ratings. I talked at length with several about this and that below A- is not always accurate.

What I have been told is that you are covered for any company regardless of rating. However, if a company becomes insolvent and has a rating below A- at the time of insolvency, you would not be covered for claims arising from that insolvency.

Back