E&O Insurance Life Carriers

Re: E&o Insurance

At the moment Allianz does not require E&O. That being said, E&O can be purchase for about $50/month so why not get it?

If you cannot afford the E&O right now then go out and find an agency to work under until you can afford it on your own.

I say this for a number of reasons:

1) If you aren't sure right now about the carriers and are asking this, you sound new to this. This is the time where E&O claims will probably happen the most for you. No offense, but this is a novice question to ask. No experienced agent asks who will go without E&O. If you were captive and doing well you could carry over your E&O or use money to buy your own.

2) If you can't afford the E&O then you REALLY need to work under someone until you have some money coming in. This allows for better contracts and training so you aren't in the whole 50 bucks a month.

3) A lot of the carriers you will want to work with want E&O. Genworth and other companies will allow you to write without E&O but you will be severely limited and have a longer learning curve.

4) You will be afraid if you do something wrong about not being protected. You may or may not agree with me now but coming from experience, it'll happen, probably after a tricky sale. That is, assuming you can get a tricky sale with genworth or whoever else you have.

However, I hate when people chastise me and don't give me the answers I ask for. SO here are some of the carriers that don't need E&O that I know of.

Allianz
American Equity
Genworth Life & Annuity (GLAIC)
Genworth Life Ins Co. (GLIC)
Genworth Life Ins Co. NY (GLIC NY)
Genworth LTC
Gerber
Mass Mutual
MetLife / Travelers
Metlife DI
Presidential
Transamerica
United Home
William Penn

This is a list I found on an IMO website so I don't know how valid this is.

So I did my job. I gave the warning on why E&O was good to have and then told you companies to use at your request. Information isn't bad, it's how it's used. I'm not going to baby you and screen your information because that isn't my job and it doesn't help you. If you get burned, you get burned.If not, then congratulations. It's like driving drunk. If you get away with it, no one is going to know. But if you get busted, you're f***ed

Good luck!

which life carriers will appoint agents with no e&o?

None of the Med Supp companies require E&O insurance that I am aware of with the exception of United Health Care to sell AARP Med Supps.

There are also a few Med Supp companies that offer FE that don't require E&O for their FE product either.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone and no offense taken.This is a very good site with a lot of knowledgeable professionals.

The NAPA website has some as well that is nice, and even has another set of E&O for incidental P&C as well. Basically that means P&C is covered if you do it for your business but it isn't more than a certain amount of the business you write. I'll be getting that just in case...

NAPA Incidental P&C doesn't cover "business or commercial" insurance. It just cover the Personal lines.

I currently have Life E&O through Calsurance and NAPA offers it for $475. So, I'm considering to switch to NAPA - that would save me around $125.

Does any one want to comment why switching would be bad idea?

The NAPA website has some as well that is nice, and even has another set of E&O for incidental P&C as well. Basically that means P&C is covered if you do it for your business but it isn't more than a certain amount of the business you write. I'll be getting that just in case...

Last edited:
Back