Errors and Omissions Claim After 3 Years Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavros777

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello, I have a question. There's a possibility I might get an EO claim for something that happened 4 years ago. I had coverage the whole time till now without lapse. What worries me is will my renewal EO premium will go up for something that happened more than 3 years ago?

What is the potential claim for? Of Course it will go up but the problem is if they sky it few other carriers will touch you. Then another problem is contracting with new companies as you have to answer the question on E@O claims yes

This is a query that often comes up with financial lines insurance.

The purpose of carrying coverage in the first place is to ensure that you're protected when you need it. If the circumstances that you describe, satisfy the definition of "claim or circumstance which may lead to a claim", according to your policy wording (which I presume is written on a claims-made basis), your first priority should really be notifying your insurer. Once you have notified them and they have acknowledged that it falls within their scope of coverage, it places you in a much better position to make decisions moving forward.

While I personally always encourage continuity of coverage - that is, maintaining coverage with your incumbent insurer - if you're really concerned about your premium it wouldn't be such a bad idea to get on the front foot and source alternative quotations in the lead up to your renewal. Then, at the very least, you will have options should your current provider significantly raise their prices or not offer coverage for the next period.

Of course, you will need to disclose all claims and circumstances that you are aware of during the quoting process, so these instances will not be covered by any new policy. As a final note, if you are thinking about transferring insurers, I suggest giving the holding provider every chance to maintain the account. Insurance coverage, in my opinion, really is a long-term game, and you get the best results when you are as transparent as possible.

Lets see, the question was asked 3 years ago about a potential claim 3 years before that.

3 years from now, we might get an actual answer if there was a claim filed or not.

I think this thread is ready to have a fork put in it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back