Errors and Omissions Insurance 4 P&C Newbie in IL

Ferrari

Expert
Hi to all people at this great discussion board :)

I am trying to obtain inexpensive E&O Insurance for Property & Casualty Agents in State of Illinois.
Many of them want years of experience being licensed.
Do you know of any other way to get this valuable coverage?
I am trying to get going as a small Independent Agency.

Thank you for your time.

Hi to all people at this great discussion board :)

I am trying to obtain inexpensive E&O Insurance for Property & Casualty Agents in State of Illinois.
Many of them want years of experience being licensed.
Do you know of any other way to get this valuable coverage?
I am trying to get going as a small Independent Agency.

Thank you for your time.

Try using the search function

He would use the search function if he had known about it. New folks to our forum don't always know about things like this right away.

As for E & O, have you contacted the IIAI in Springfield? They have plans for association members I believe.

He would use the search function if he had known about it. New folks to our forum don't always know about things like this right away.

As for E & O, have you contacted the IIAI in Springfield? They have plans for association members I believe.

And why do you think I told him to use the search function????:no::goofy::swoon:

E&O for P&C isn't cheap, expect to pay an arm and a leg to get started.

Unless you use United Defend Co. They are a private organization and doesn't have an AM Best rating. Some MGA will accept them, some won't.

If you are a Superior Access Member, you can shop for E&O through them and get a commission off your own E&O. They will also accept United Defend Co.'s Policy Form.

Thanks guys for pointing me to proper direction.

I was looking @IIA of IL. They offer two types of E&O. SwissRe Westport and Utica Mutual according to their website. For the first one they are looking for 3y exp or business plan and resume, for second one processing time for a properly completed application is approximately 30 days :nah:

I need something sooner if possible and for new agency.

How much do you pay for E&O for P&C if is O.K. to ask?

I used United Defend Co because I went with Superior Access since My agency is new.

I have a $5000 OOP for around $600 for $1mil/$1mil.

I may switch in a few years once my book is built up and am able to switch to direct carriers, but I think the premium will be dependent on my volume as well as licensed staff.

I used United Defend Co because I went with Superior Access since My agency is new.

I have a $5000 OOP for around $600 for $1mil/$1mil.

I may switch in a few years once my book is built up and am able to switch to direct carriers, but I think the premium will be dependent on my volume as well as licensed staff.

So for $5000 out of pocket you are paying around 600 for $1mil/$1mil? That looks like the best deal so far that you can find for new agent?

For being so helpful and kind I am wondering can I use your referral (Link maybe?) after they quote me I will probably purchase and according to their site you may earn $100?

WOW, so your just going to take the CHEAPEST no matter what the policy says? There are differences in policies.

Second, do you have $5,000 out of pocket if something happens?

Third, most companies wont allow you to have that high of a deductible.

Do some research.....

Back