Errors & Omissions - Who Needs It?

I put this in another thread, but I think the thread has become a floatie, so....

Who really needs E&O insurance? In other words, if you're selling these, which of these would you need E&O insurance for, and which would you NOT need E&O insurance for - term life, whole life, final expense, long term care, cancer, medicare advantage, medicare supplements, disability, group/individual health.

I'm assuming that any investment, security, stock, annuity, etc would absolutely require E&O - correct?

But what about the others?

Unles you are your own Carrier - how'd you get appointed/contracted with an insurance co or MGA without it?

Hell ... I sell the BUYERs of group health insurance E&O 3-4 times a month ... Employee Benefits E&O liability covergae [its built into their GL coverage form many times] cuz they can screw up and cause problems.

Cobra / Cal Cobra issues alone mke me want darrier E&O for health insurance!

IMHO there's a LOT of things that could go wrong.

I put this in another thread, but I think the thread has become a floatie, so....

Who really needs E&O insurance? In other words, if you're selling these, which of these would you need E&O insurance for, and which would you NOT need E&O insurance for - term life, whole life, final expense, long term care, cancer, medicare advantage, medicare supplements, disability, group/individual health.

I'm assuming that any investment, security, stock, annuity, etc would absolutely require E&O - correct?

But what about the others?

It really depends on which company you are using. Some Insurance Companies require it, some don't.

Back