Feel Like Being Almost Blackmailed

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
Its how I feel and I know at most it will cost me a little time to send out new certificates of E&O Coverage. Here is the story, I currently have E&O coverage through a well known provider with a discount based on my appointment with a certain carrier. I knew in advance that if my appointment terminated the coverage would end as well. Well said carrier has decided to terminate my appointment (not a big deal I have had a love hate relationship with them for the last 3 years). I informed the E&O provider about the pending termination and wanted to know my options they sent me the form to cancel my existing policy as I was no longer eligible for it and I have until the end of October to decide on a new policy.

I know I can take a new policy with them and I was leaning towards doing just that until in a snippy voice the woman essentially threatened me that if I did not take a new policy with them they would inform every carrier I showed an appointment with on Maine's DOI website that my E&O policy has been cancelled which would then get the ball rolling of the carriers requiring me to send the new certificate (once again no big deal I would have to do it in 2 months anyways as the current policy renews in January anyways.) I just personally didn't like the snippy attitude I already noticed a difference between the existing policy I had and the new one I would need to take that required me to add coverage for items previously covered. I knew the premium would go up for losing the discount but its now a loss of the discount and the requirement to add coverages previously provided on the old policy so its an even larger increase. I am taking my time and looking at all my options I have a couple of other carriers that offer a discount on E&O but am wondering if I ever wan't to go through this again if I decide to not do business with that carrier in the future.

I know I'm looking at NAPA and Calsurance how else offers a decent policy for Life & Health fixed and fixed indexed annuites, DI, Med Sup and MA coverage must be covered (I know I don't focus on the MA market and many have seen my posts about it I just want to be covered for everything my license allows me to sell in case things change.)

I get mine from EOforless.com (through Marsh).
They are easy to deal with and you can add on whichever coverage you'd like.

I think those discounts are smoke and mirrors. Don't let that woman get to you. If your present company gives you a good rate fine, if not move it.

.....I know I can take a new policy with them and I was leaning towards doing just that until in a snippy voice the woman essentially threatened me that if I did not take a new policy with them they would inform every carrier I showed an appointment with on Maine's DOI website that my E&O policy has been cancelled which would then get the ball rolling of the carriers requiring me to send the new certificate (once again no big deal I would have to do it in 2 months anyways as the current policy renews in January anyways.) I just personally didn't like the snippy attitude......

That woman is totally out of line. I would talk to her boss and find out if that is the company's attitude or simply her attitude. That attitude has no place in either a sales or customer service individual.

Last edited:
That woman is totally out of line. I would talk to her boss and find out if that is he companies attitude or simply her attitude. That attitude has no place in either a sales or customer service individual.

I haven't done it yet because I am still considering their policy. People have let me know of an Anthem deal and I have an anthem senior division agent # (haven't submitted any business in a while) I will call to see if its still valid on Monday. I also have access to a discount with calsurance through Foresters but I am wondering if the discounts are worth the hassle of not having the policy direct and being at the whim of the carrier terming the contract down the road and who knows I could have had a claim and find getting a new policy more difficult. I plan on submitting an app next week just to make sure coverage is in place Nov 1st when the other policy terminates.

This is why I went with eandoforless.com, the Marsh one if I got the site wrong. I never have to worry about keeping an appointment to keep my E&O.

E&O for less/Marsh is good. And its nice not being tied to a carrier appointment.

A bit more comprehensive option would be a policy through NAILBA who uses Everest to underwrite it.

I used the Aurthor J Galligher agency with a referral discount from Chittenden Group.

This link tells you about the discount code to use.

This link actually links to the policy info and online app.

I like this option because it clearly states that it covers Financial Planning and Tax Advice that is incidental to the sale of your products.

It also covers NQDC which I need.

Its how I feel and I know at most it will cost me a little time to send out new certificates of E&O Coverage. Here is the story, I currently have E&O coverage through a well known provider with a discount based on my appointment with a certain carrier. I knew in advance that if my appointment terminated the coverage would end as well. Well said carrier has decided to terminate my appointment (not a big deal I have had a love hate relationship with them for the last 3 years). I informed the E&O provider about the pending termination and wanted to know my options they sent me the form to cancel my existing policy as I was no longer eligible for it and I have until the end of October to decide on a new policy.

I know I can take a new policy with them and I was leaning towards doing just that until in a snippy voice the woman essentially threatened me that if I did not take a new policy with them they would inform every carrier I showed an appointment with on Maine's DOI website that my E&O policy has been cancelled which would then get the ball rolling of the carriers requiring me to send the new certificate (once again no big deal I would have to do it in 2 months anyways as the current policy renews in January anyways.) I just personally didn't like the snippy attitude I already noticed a difference between the existing policy I had and the new one I would need to take that required me to add coverage for items previously covered. I knew the premium would go up for losing the discount but its now a loss of the discount and the requirement to add coverages previously provided on the old policy so its an even larger increase. I am taking my time and looking at all my options I have a couple of other carriers that offer a discount on E&O but am wondering if I ever wan't to go through this again if I decide to not do business with that carrier in the future.

I know I'm looking at NAPA and Calsurance how else offers a decent policy for Life & Health fixed and fixed indexed annuites, DI, Med Sup and MA coverage must be covered (I know I don't focus on the MA market and many have seen my posts about it I just want to be covered for everything my license allows me to sell in case things change.)

Run!! Or report the incident, blackballing is a past sales tatic.

Back