Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents

Reply to Hiring IC Producers, E&O help     
Old 01-26-2017, 05:52 PM   #1

State: michaelhammer is an Insurance Agent from
Hiring IC Producers, E&O help Hiring IC Producers, E&O help
I recently left Farmers Insurance and opened up an Independent Agency.

I have managed to recruit 2 producers to join my team, they will be hired as independent contractors.

After speaking with an E&O company I was told that I still need to add the producers under my E&O and since they are representing my agency I held liable if they have an E&O claim.

Is there any way around this? If they get their own E&O policy will that prevent my policy from getting a claim?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Hiring IC Producers, E&O help
Reply to Hiring IC Producers, E&O help 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents